Another question about coilovers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ti_saoil

Reaction score
Hi there you all!!
I saw that this was a theme massively talked about. But still have some questions and I need straight answers!!!

I've a twingo GT, and it seems that the coilover kit more used is the AP and Bilstein.

And a friend of mine talked me about GAZcoilovers.
They seem to me that for the price/quality, they are much better then bilstein. Problem they only have kits for Clio 172/182.
Since start summer I've been mailling them about a coilover kit for my twingo, and they've told that for the front was just grab on the 60mm bolt space and adapt to 58mm. But then they ask me about the rear, if it's the same as the Clio.

And I ask you all, is it?
Or the rear damper/spring are diferent size/measure and won't fit?

Can anyone help me?

offcourse, you'll need a longer bolt. the bolt spacing indicates the length between one bolt hole to the other. as for going from one model to another, you will need the rear spring perches from the 172 and the strut mounts from the 172

So basically the rear damper and springs just doesn't fit on twingo's rear end... Ok!

And between bilstein and AP what you recomend?
It's for daily and track use.

the bolt spacing is not the length of the bolt, its the distance between the centre of each bolt hole so the 2 bolts are closer to each other on the 58mm spacing cars.

rear suspension setup is the same,

Gaz don't get rated well at all on Cliosport, poor reliability, leaking rear dampers within a year etc

on Clios ive used FK Silverline X coilovers and Bilstein B14 coilovers, Bilstein were better but more expensive, FK's were very good but still £800 odd, im not sure on the cheaper FK's never used them.

On a Twingo GT ive used AP's and will be using them again on my Gordini TCE

never said it was, could have made it clearer however. it is the space between the top hole to the other bottom hole. vertical measurement, not horizontal. hope that clarifys that one for you Ti Saoil. seemed to think it was 60mm on the 172 cup, not sure why. one of the clio cups is 60mm bolt spacing i'm sure, those won't fit a twingo sport. whats the 133's bolt spacing for future reference?

Yes I know about the bolt spacing.

But anyway, I've order the APcoilover. My interest is for a suspension that is good on track and "rideable" on road. And Bilstein b14 is to much expensive for me for now, so AP it is!!!

And now... The waiting...

Cheers!!! ;)

AP delivery times were VERY quick for me last time I ordered them.

im trying to decide between AP and bilstein for my new gordini tce, cant decide!

I think that's what I'll do. Remove the H & R too hard and bumpy road up AP. I hate to know what you think on your AP gordini.

For me was really easy to decide! All the prices that where given to me was everything between 600 and 700€... Bilstein always more then 800€.

I've ordered it from DCperformance. Just waitting to my bank make the transfer, and then wait for it!!!