Another Re-map Question...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwingoJoe94

Reaction score
Im set to be getting a re map soon on my GT at map tech, I don't have any of the more beneficial modifications i.e. intercooler, but I do have panel filter and a cat back.
My question, do I need 1*2 injectors?
Ive been on the search bar and it suggests you do need them but then I keep reading and it says that even they are close to 100% duty cycle when installed on a remapped twingo. But surely if the 1*2 injectors are close to max duty cycle then the standard injectors will not last long at all.
So can someone tell me, the reasons why to fit them and why not to use standard injectors on a remap, and clear this up once and for all.

Thanks.

the twingo ones are 300 cc, the 1*2 ones are 330 cc. that equates to a 30cc different in fueling per stroke which isn't very much. at around 120-125 bhp, these injectors will be on 100% duty cycle at wide open throttle. there really isn't a huge difference between to two injectors. you'll get around 120 bhp on standard injectors anyway. besides, pretty confident you don't cut down to asda or tesco at wide open throttle or head to your grans house on wide open throttle constantly you know? duty cycle only means that for every 10 minutes the injectors is ON / working **% of the time at different flow rates. pulse rate is the one you really want to be worried about. fortunately the pulse width on the F4R clio injectors provides an increased pulse width which is what allows some people to achieve 130 bhp. @ 136 bhp, my megane R26 injectors worked just fine and are futureproofed up to 270 bhp and are never worked to their limits. not even close!

you should be able to get a set of used 1*2 injectors from cliosport.net for £20 which seems to be the usual going price. or, you can get a set of megane injectors on there or on the megane forums for around £80-£120 or around £50 an injector new

Well im going for a stage one map anyway, because I mostly do around town driving and fast drives on the weekend. So would you say the standard injectors are up to the job of a stage one mapping?

TwingoJoe94":lz1dqwfd said:
Well im going for a stage one map anyway, because I mostly do around town driving and fast drives on the weekend. So would you say the standard injectors are up to the job of a stage one mapping?

yeah man more than fine :) those sorts of maps were made for the standard injectors anyway and standard cars anyway. expect up to 120 bhp!

Had my mapping today, you said to expect 120bhp, on the read out it actually says 129bhp on the first power run and 136bhp on the second. Wondering if there are any weak points at this sort of bhp for a stage one, as I haven't uprated the injectors or the intercooler. I found it a little strange for it to be this high, unless the rolling road is forgiving.
Any help appreciated.

yeah man definitely a little 'forgiving', the oem injectors would hit 120-125 or so bhp maximum if you were lucky. this will be calculated at the flywheel and not at the wheels so you'll likely have around 118-122bhp at the wheels if your flywheel is at 136. to achieve 136 at the wheels i had to use megane injectors and they don't even break a sweat :) i couldn't even tell you what my GT runs at the flywheel in fairness it's been that long since it was mapped. however, with the improved exhaust it would seem feasible that the final power output would increase a little with the better breathing on intake / exhaust naturally.

don't believe there are any weak points, that's only a 20 something % or so increase from standard so not really stressing the car in any way :) these cars, and all cars really are mapped conservatively from factory so there is a lot of legroom with the fuelling and mapping before you start to consider stressing the engine

That would make sense now seeing "@ engine" in the corner of the read out, didn't see it there haha.
Thanks

no worries, how are you finding the car after it's remap. noticeable change in the way it drives now?

I'm thinking of getting my Dini remapped, is it worth getting a set of megane injecters before I get it done? And what kind of bhp increase can I expect?

Joey92":2or5450c said:
I'm thinking of getting my Dini remapped, is it worth getting a set of megane injecters before I get it done? And what kind of bhp increase can I expect?

mere peasant you have no turbo *rolls eyes* hahaha :) no man, you don't have a turbocharger on your car so you won't ever need bigger injectors. if you want to map it, it will be a lot of money for little gains. you'll get perhaps 5bhp without an uprated exhaust and induction (panel filter) and 10 bhp or so with the breathing mods. the throttle response and general driveabiity will improve though but i don't really think it's worth it. be wise and spend your money on cosmetic modifications and suspension modifications. adding an uprated exhaust system will give you a gain of 5bhp or so anyway on the standard map :)

Hahaha cheers mate, I'm a bit new to all this if you hadn't noticed [emoji6] I've got a green filter on the way in the post, I'm going to debung the airbox as well. What kind of exhaust system mods do you reckon I should go for?

ufffttt hhaha how deep are your pockets really? you can get the ktec one for about £299, or the supersprint one for ... well nobody really knows how much that costs as they sell it in parts. you'll find the holy grail before you get a full price for the supersprint one haha kidding on it's about 5/600. alternatively, dive up to the exhaust place in hillington industrial estate and get a custom one made. will cost about 250 iirc and you can make it sound how you want, and choose the backbox (that's if you even want one!) and tip etc. means you don't need to settle for the same look and sound as everyone else

Cheers man, I've been looking all over the forum for someone who's got a dual exhaust diffuser, but can't find anyone that's actually got one, any idea's were I could get one? Custom if need be :)

yeah, order one from kam racing and then get it to a body shop to have another hole cut out. you'll be right!

Joey92":dun3to4f said:
You are a legend, thanks :)

if you need / want any help fitting anything for beer money, just give me a shout joey as i'm just over the hill. are you born and bred in helensburgh?

Nice to have help at hand :) I'm from Essex originally (Hence all the 'chaving up' I want to do) but I work up here and moved up about a year ago. The dini is still down there at the moment I've not had a chance to bring it up yet :(

Instead of starting a new thread...

I'm temped to get one of these. But I've see people on here go on about the injectors and the clutch. And what about the mot emissions test?

https://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=29&fueltype=3&model=451&variant=2819

But I honestly don't know how good they are, or what price a proper remap is. Car is standard (right down to Renault service parts).