Any parents? advice please (Twingo based)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good does that tommy, plenty of scope to get the price down to 4.5k there. you'll struggle to loose money on it too as in 3-4 years time it'll be worth around 4k. these cars hold their value very well as they are quite exclusive little cars more so the gordini models. have all the gadgets, bluetooth etc!

remember that the GT was top of the twingo range assuming you're fine with thinking of the 133 as a renautsport and not a renault (that's how i think of it anyway haha). enjoy the test drive, those engines are a hoot bloody hoot! not sure what twingo you owned before was it the 133? if it's your first time in the GT you'll just laugh lol, it is genuinely stupid :p

Thanks Oscar - I am off to look at that one and an 11 reg dynamique model that the wife has fallen in love with. The only issue with the gordini is that she works in a rather dodgy place, locking up alone late at night so we don't want a car that will bring any unwanted attention ... Il see how impressive the gordini looks in person with that in mind. Before I has the 1.2 8v extreme, so any other twingo will be an upgrade. I'd love a gt type just for the tiny Turbo! But again I spose the 16v engine has less to go wrong?

the turbos are nothing to worry about in terms of maintenance, they are mitsubishi turbos and you know the reuputation mitsubishi have with reliability. since around 05> renaults have become hugely reliable, but as with any reliable car you'll see that one in a thousand that's just an absolute stinker where everything goes wrong. i've ran 71k now and the car itself has never done me wrong, one or two issues which were human error though :) that said and done, they are both the same engines just one has a turbo and one doesn't. the manifolds are obviously different but everything else is the same with the head and block etc, whichever one you do go for you'll end up with a little reliable gem!

Being an owner of a Twingo (Facelift) Dynamique 16V - well was, which is fitted with a ISO Fix child seat in the rear - all I will say is it's a piece of cake, the seats slide to give you loads of room plus you can fold one side up (Passenger side) should you require more room, I've got RS seats in mine but the principal is the same, the only strange thing is the ISO fix in the rear is behind the driver but there is one also in the front passenger seat should you require it.

I use it for my grand son every week and would strongly recommend / suggest you only look at ISO Fix seats, much easier to install and safer.

One thing if you go for a 16V you can mod / up-grade to the same level as a GT, plus the ECU is fully map-able. :eek: :lol: :lol: ;)

I forgot to say Congrats - PS the great thing about a grandson is you can give him back :lol: :lol: But he is a right petrol head even at 3 years old so I think I will keep him a little longer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the advice spitfire1- we are looking at a 16v at the moment but the trade in value of our clio was awful so selling the clio first. Then seen as there are loads of older twingos out there, we may buy one for about 2.5 k to give it a go for a year or two. After this time we should be able to afford a larger newer car wheneve kidda number 2 comes along.

Seems silly to spend 4 k on 16v when there are very nice gt examples for just under3 k!