Anyone fitted Clio 172 wheels to their Twingo?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezus17

Reaction score
I am thinking about going from the RS wheels on my GT back down to 15s or 16s because I prefer the look. Keep seeing cracking deals for 172 wheels but have no idea what they would look like! Wondered if anyone had done it before?

They only look good on a 172 in my opinion
182 wheels would be my choice

I have put a set on mine for over the winter just to keep my rs wheels tidy . I don't think they look that good tbh maybe they need colour coding
null_zps14f01395.jpg

poweller23":2pccpqbi said:

Cheers for that! They look quite smart.

markhardy":2pccpqbi said:
They only look good on a 172 in my opinion
182 wheels would be my choice

I like the 182 wheels but not so keen on them on a twingo.

They are too mainstream? What are you going on about at all. There's a hand full of cars with them on

172 alloys look better on a non RS Twingo. There's a pretty low (100mm drop) orange GT with 172 alloys and it looks pretty damn nice

I know this is my thread but I found this online... think it looks quite nice :)

They suit the gt! Get them bought :)

I've only ever seen them on an rs and they don't suit it

markhardy":1rmvobfl said:
The tyres look like a low profile though? Like too low

Thats been lowered on coilies and has 16mm spacers all around. Tyres are 195/45/16. Think its just the way the photo is!

I'm stuck between these or PH1 Clio oz f1s... Ive crudely done them both on paint and they both look nice :(

Rezus17":4rd9s5p7 said:
markhardy":4rd9s5p7 said:
The tyres look like a low profile though? Like too low

Thats been lowered on coilies and has 16mm spacers all around. Tyres are 195/45/16. Think its just the way the photo is!

I'm stuck between these or PH1 Clio oz f1s... Ive crudely done them both on paint and they both look nice :(

Get both, they cost pennies on cliosport.

I'm not sure the 172s suit the twingo. Tbh I was never keen on them on the 172, they were too similar to the 1.2 with only the 1" extra diameter to differentiate the two.

The 182s definitely suit the 133 though. The thick chunky design sits well with the boxy body kit, and they sit pretty well in the arches with a drop without the need for spacers or making them look too tucked in. A good blend of all the things I looked for, being a daily drive. I think I may be bias in some way though :p

I looked at oz f1s for winter but tbh left it too late anyway now

maggi112":3tpfxu83 said:
I'm not sure the 172s suit the twingo. Tbh I was never keen on them on the 172, they were too similar to the 1.2 with only the 1" extra diameter to differentiate the two.

I'm fairly sure the 172s are wider, because ive seen a set with 205s. The 15s are 185s from standard. They do look the same though, which is guess puts me off a bit.

Thats pretty much decided it for me haha. Don't suppose you know if they are running spacers do you? I would assume so but you never know.