Anyone from Aberdeen area

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanda

Reaction score
Needed some help with short-term accommodation. Needed some recommendations.

maggi112":3pgt2vvy said:
I think for anyone to help they would need to know more. Maybe an area within Aberdeen (I assume it's for work?), term, budget, facilities required?

Yea its work.

Basically would be nice to have a parking space, for one person, 3 months could be longer, preferably 1 bed but dont mind house sharing. I dont mind commuting to aberdeen from a distance of max. 40 miles away, budget £300 - £550 pm.

From 3 feb

Right and which part of Aberdeen would you be working?

Remember that someone could suggest somewhere 40 miles west and you could be working in the East of the city...

Is that including everything? Or only the amount aside for rent?

wanda have you checked ASPC, that's our local rental and for sale property search site.

Any specific side of Aberdeen? North - Bridge of Don or southern side - Altens, Cove etc.

I work in Westhill to the western side of Aberdeen, if you were to commute into Aberdeen city center from there, you would be looking around 20-30 minutes.

I would be working in dyce if I remembered right near the airport. So ideally north or east of this. Bit thanks I will checkout aspc.

The budget price was for rent only as I have a mortgage in south east already.

wanda":22h3s9tz said:
I would be working in dyce if I remembered right near the airport
Poor you. Morning and evening traffic can be awful if your stuck with the 8-5 times.

Rob_McLav":1u6bcaef said:
It's a 35 min drive but Peterhead area is a nice wee town (from there originally) and rent is cheap
Are you on drugs! (Actually that was a bad analogy)

Peterhead is cheap for a reason , its a shit hole full of drugies and backdoor bandits. Best thing about Peterhead is Mcdonalds and B&Q. Lol .

Turriffs alright if you like farmers... 35miles to Aberdeen , nice and scenic . Decent property prices.

Old Meldrums just and inbetween town , few shops etc

Inverurie is the place to be , straight onto the A96 into Aberdeen. And also the famous Edward bar! =D

As Neil said getting in and out of dyce 7-10am and 4-6pm is nigh on impossible LOL

Ollie133cup":25r91lr8 said:
As Neil said getting in and out of dyce 7-10am and 4-6pm is nigh on impossible LOL
Hadigan roundabout comming in/out from Aberdeen center :lol: :evil:

I dont know Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire very well, just well enough to dislike the traffic and I only need to go there once every three weeks.