Anyone had or have a C2?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i looked a getting one before i got the Twingo and wasent impressed by them. just basic and simple looking. VTS seems alright but wouldnt buy one myself

I had a GT for a while: Uprated Suspension, No Aircon/Spare Tyre etc.

Power was ok, I guess...could have been better, little weight to it though.
Understeered like a pig, was never really 100% happy with how it handled and that was on SP3s too.
Interior's really crappy and rattly....I didn't have the most reliable one in the world so I guess it could have been my car.

My Dad's GT on the otherhand had a little tinkering: Uprated Springs/Dampers, Toyo 888s, 4 Branch Manifold, Cams and Headwork, Single box exhaust and decat, AP 4 Pots....THAT, Was a fun car!!!!
Bloody noisy but my god was it fun, drove it back from Manchester when we picked it up. I asked my dad if he wanted to lead after we stopped for petrol, he said "Nah, you go ahead, I'll catch up." SO, I left the services and dropped the boot in second as I was leaving the slip road and it just flew! The Exhaust popped with every gearchange, leaving an even bigger smile on my face every time.

Anyways, I traded in my GT against the Twingo after the gearbox and clutch went bang.

M

I had two - the first VTS in the area, it was silver on a 54 plate. 1.6 with 125bhp.

Enjoyed it - just as quick as the Twingo, but handling not as good. I actually prefer the side-on style of the C2, the window line is more distinctive imho. Also, loved the split tailgate - useful when you're loading up with shopping etc. And it had a decent computer.

Traded that for a Code - black on an 07. Basically a "limited edition" based on the VTS with "barcode" stripes, different badging and full leather/heated seats.

Similarities to the Twingo - obviously size, performance, etc. Equipment - air con, sliding rear seats, traction control all there; even both got metal pedals (with rubber inserts for better grip on the C2).

AND the Citroen has the best gearknob I've ever seen / felt (even if it freezes your hand in winter and burns it in summer)

Differences - handling is the main one - ride slightly firmer on the Twingo with Cup chassis (but strangely feels more comfortable, maybe down to the seats?). The Renault actually feels slightly more solidly screwed together (at least on mine - nothing rattles). One big gripe on the Twingo for me - the ventilation/demisting is absolutely dreadful (the C2 would clear its windows in seconds in winter but the Twingo takes for ever).

Any specific questions, feel free to ask...

Thanks Gavin, I got moved from full time to part time at work before xmas as the company im working for is on the verge of going bust so am having financial difficulty at the min and as the 133 is on finance (£220) a month there's the possibility I might have to trade it in for something cheaper in the near future.

The C2 is about the only other thing I like the look of at the min, was looking at a VTS with 28k on for £4 and also a VTS code with 25k for £5, I liked the sound of the leather interior and heated seats etc. on that but when I saw a pic of the interior the colour of the tan seats looked really contrasting against the rest of the interior and imo did not look very nice at all. This might have just been because of the pic and might look better in person, what did you think?

the Citroen has the best gearknob I've ever seen / felt (even if it freezes your hand in winter and burns it in summer)
I replaced the gearknob on my old seat ibiza with a chrome one from ebay that was a nightmare for being burning hot or freezing cold I used to end up having to put my hand up into my sleeve to change gear :lol:

**Gearknob with a space becomes gear knob? :lol: :lol: **

Stuart, I quite liked the tan leather seats - and don't forget you get the matching door inserts to blend it in. If you've only seen a picture of it, I guess you'd need to see it in real-life. The only issue I found with the leather seats is that if you wear a lot of denim, they'll mark up, but you can clean them easily enough.

From the two you're looking at, I'd normally say go with the newest car you can afford, but with that choice, I'd be tempted to save money and go with the VTS. My other tip would be to check if either has been modified, and if so go for the other one because chances are it'll be more reliable!!!

i had a Citroen c2 by loeb(limited edition) its just a vts with different interior and boot and door decals.i have to say i loved the c2 a real pleasure to drive i have to say though i did have a few problems with it the ecu went after only 400 miles and had to go back to the garage for a few more problems but i don't want to put you off !i think the c2 are real cool cars you can pick the vts/code/loeb up for fairly cheap.if i had to get a c2 again i would say get the code they look cool and it comes with leather seats. :D i also agree with Gavin if you are to change to a c2 make sure its not been modified chances are if it has been it could be thrashed.

Yes, when I trade my first VTS, I was offered a Loeb or a Code - I said if they'd do the Code for the same deal they'd offered against the Loeb, they'd got a sale.

Quite surprisingly they said yes :!: :!: :!:

ive got one now, i love it but getting rid of it for my new twingo

just given it a final clean!

t68c42.jpg

iamstuart":2110suc9 said:
Looks nice, I like the look of them other than that the back windows dont line up with the front and I think it looks odd :p

I always thought that makes them stand out from the crowd. But I know what you mean; it's a bit of an acquired taste ;)

My mate has a 1.6 VTR, not a bad car although the paddleshift is pretty crap. VTR only comes with an Auto box.

Yes, VTR was paddle-change and 110bhp.

VTS (and Code and "by Loeb" special editions) were manual-only and 125bhp.

Early on there was also the stripped-down GT with the 110bhp engine and manual box.

The Manual shift VTR equivalent is the GT, they are pretty nippy though, especially as it is his first car.