Anyone used these guys before?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have M-Tec Drilled discs on my Twingo, my dad used M-Tec discs on his Xzara before going to an AP set up and a lot of road rally guys use them too.

Good value for money :)

JE_GT":5ocuqv7k said:
Is there actually any advantage of having "drilled and grooved discs" over any other option?

For older pad compounds, yes.

However with the technological advances of friction material, the occurance of "pad glaze" and the gasses released under braking have greatly reduced!

What Drilled holes do add is an extra cooling effect and a marginal weight reduction (although brought with an apparent weakness with HARD use).

Grooved discs add a better water dispersion and shortened pad bed in time (although brought with increased pad wear).

But in reality....they just look better :lol:

drilled discs are prone to cracking.
groved discs made an odd noise under hard braking

id go brembo HC ore some other non drilled/grovved uprated discs

Martin_172":3w4hazl5 said:
drilled discs are prone to cracking.
groved discs made an odd noise under hard braking

id go brembo HC ore some other non drilled/grovved uprated discs

I've personally never seen a drilled disc crack under standard road driving, brother in law has had drilled on his EP3 for the past 3 years no problems

I have to agree with Waitey here, with an elaboration.

Having had drilled discs on 2 different cars that get hard road use and my Dad using drilled discs for Rally Competition, we have NEVER had any issues with cracked discs.

I've seen Nissan GTRs with cracked discs but they have lots of small holes, closely spaced all the way over the surface of the disc and it's a HEAVY ASS car :lol:

The Mtec discs only have large holes with chamfered edges, that are well spaced and only in a sweeping pattern with maybe 6 sweeps, so not all over the braking surface.

i cracked a set of black diamond discs on a 1.2 16v clio on hard road use, had them replaced under warranty and the 2nd set cracked too, never tried any other brands but a quick google search will bring up many facts on it, and basically its a case of drilled discs are no longer needed due to modern brake pads not giving off the gasses that the drilled discs are designed to let escape, and that its common fact that drilled discs will crack over time, they are structurally weakened due to the drilling

Discs are good, fitted them last Saturday and they're snappier than the old ones. Brakes actually feel good now I've got everything fitted!