AP COILOVERS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazm90

Reaction score
GOT AP COILOVERS FOR MY 133 AND THERE IS A HORRIFIC RATTLE/KNOCKING NOISE COMING FROM THE BACK. WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THESE COILOVERS AND IF THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND WHAT THEY DID TO FIX IT. THINK I MIGHT HAVE TO GET SOME NEW REAR SHOCKS? ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREAT

THANKS
DARREN

I had this problem with my Weitec coilovers but on the front. It happens more often when the conditions are dry. As soon as you lube them up it goes away for a few thousand miles.

I also spoke to a Renault technician and he said he's had the problem on a few of his car that have been running coilovers.

James-Hilton":23xku0p6 said:
I had this problem with my Weitec coilovers but on the front. It happens more often when the conditions are dry. As soon as you lube them up it goes away for a few thousand miles.

thanks man bit of a novice when it comes to stuff like this what do i lube up? or do i just cover the whole rear?

I have ap coilovers on my GT but run apex rear dampers. I was told by the previous owner that the ap rear dampers knocked like made so he replaced them with apex. They were ok for a while but now they knock aswell.

alex12fowler":34hj94z7 said:
I have ap coilovers on my GT but run apex rear dampers. I was told by the previous owner that the ap rear dampers knocked like made so he replaced them with apex. They were ok for a while but now they knock aswell.
thanks for the advice tempted to buy cup rear shocks for it as ive looked around and most after market ones seem to knock

Same with my GT ones, at first I thought it was because I bought them second hand, must be a common problem?

Edit:
Id say it's more of a rattle than a knocking noise :/

I have Weitec coilovers for the Twingo RS on my Wind and they have never knocked.

I had them installed and the person that did it, did use grease on all the screw-thread of the coilovers.

I only heard of coilovers knocking when using topmounts.

MovingShadow":1e29vfkq said:
I have Weitec coilovers for the Twingo RS on my Wind and they have never knocked.

I had them installed and the person that did it, did use grease on all the screw-thread of the coilovers.

I only heard of coilovers knocking when using topmounts.

Do you mean using aftermarket top mounts? I think it's the AP top mounts that are making them rattle :?

Yeah. Some people say when using some after market top mounts that it's a firmer ride but that you hear more easily the metal on metal.

I've got some polybush mounts coming, so I'll let you all know if it stops the rattle, need them drilling out slightly though as the AP coilovers have a larger centre bore for the top mounts than the standard dampers do :?