Asda tyres

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy55

Reaction score
Is it common knowledge that supermarkets are now doing tyres ??... or am i just a donkeys' age behind the times... :(

I've seen that supermarkets do them online but never seen a store with an actual workshop except from Costco.

I now buy all my tyres from the Asda website it's brilliant! You just enter your reg number and the site tells you the sizes available for your model.
It then gives you dozens of different tyres to choose from. It starts with the cheapest and goes right up to the most expensive 'run flat' tyres.
All the tyres are rated from A to F for fuel economy, A to F for wet weather grip and in decibels for road noise. I was shocked to see that some of the most expensive 'Big name' tyres like Bridgestone & Continental scored quite poorly while some of the budget tyres started at £42.50 for a fully fitted and ballanced 205/40R/17" and scored just as good or better than tyres twice the price.
When I was last on the site there were 22 tyre variations to choose from for my Twingo RS 133 Cup which I'm sure you'll agree is much better than the usual 2 (or three if you're lucky) on offer when you just call in on spec at your local tyre fitting bay.
Once you have chosen the tyres that meet your exact requirments, you simply enter your post code, which creates a local map of all the participating tyre fitting bays in your area then you just pick a date and time that suits YOU, (not the fitting bay) turn up for your appointment and have them fitted for the EXACT price Asda quoted. (I was in and out in less than 15 minutes)
I had my last couple of tyres fitted at Halfords through the Asda site and the same tyres were almost £10 each more expensive if I'd booked them directly on the Halfords website.
Here is the link to check it out for yourself.
https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/205-40-17?speed=v

Snap! its just like tyres on the drive mate, i got 2 dunlop sport £130 all in outside my front door.