Attaching plates for shows

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Im in a bit o trouble guys and need help.

I got Twingo133.net show plates :) but i cant get the rears to work front works super but the rears are becoming a pain ive tryed velcro but it wount stick to the diffusser. Also brought a number plate carriers but its a bit big for the recess in the diffusser any other ideas ?

Velcro will stick; just clean the diffuser with meths first. I wouldn't rely on velcro to keep your road plates on - I'd screw those in.

Twingogeekeo":1uxeeold said:
Thats the thing i dont want to screw the show plates

I didn't say you should. Screw the road plates in, then underneath them on the bodywork put one side of the velcro strip so it's hidden. Come showtime, remove the road plates and velcro the showplates on.

why dont u put a square of clear velco on the outside of your normal plate and then u can just put your show plate over the top of it??

Al":1l9fqxy4 said:
Twingogeekeo":1l9fqxy4 said:
Thats the thing i dont want to screw the show plates

I didn't say you should. Screw the road plates in, then underneath them on the bodywork put one side of the velcro strip so it's hidden. Come showtime, remove the road plates and velcro the showplates on.

This is what ive been trying but when i put the plate away the velrco on the body comes off aswell. Ive tryed cleaning it with alsort still no luck. I use to use back to black and that on the diffuser so im wondering if the oils are the the diffuser stoping it from sticking.

TURBO":1l9fqxy4 said:
why dont u put a square of clear velco on the outside of your normal plate and then u can just put your show plate over the top of it??

And you buy clear velcro to put on the road plates?

they used to be a big roll of it at st johns ;)
we used to put the sales plates over the used car plates when the website pics were taken so as the reg said "clio" instead of rn57...
ask dave 2moz!

I'd try meths cleaning the diffuser first. My old plate fell off the diffuser because I didn't clean it properly and taped it on.

They have suckers on them now but just found some online might give that a dig i fought you could only buy black and white
TURBO":1mcbkw9a said:
They have suckers on them now but just found some online might give that a dig i fought you could only buy black and white

Friedchicken91":1mcbkw9a said:
Double sided sticky tape maybe?

Cant get the plate on and of easy if i do this

Al":1mcbkw9a said:
I'd try meths cleaning the diffuser first. My old plate fell off the diffuser because I didn't clean it properly and taped it on.

Is Meths the name of the product ?

Oh right soz just a idea thicko at work but least i know what meths are :p

TURBO":36meupzh said:
methylated spirits u plank :!: :lol: :lol:

Tryed white spirit was halfords value though

Friedchicken91":36meupzh said:
Oh right soz just a idea thicko at work but least i know what meths are :p

I go value on that stuff :lol:

Karl man up. Clean the car, use velcro or tape or marmalade and stop making a mountain out of a tiny molehill ;)

I clean the car every weekend i cant make it anymore cleaner !!!!!!!!!!!!

Twingogeekeo":4z8k6xtn said:
I clean the car every weekend i cant make it anymore cleaner !!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clean as in raw clean it, remove all cleaners, cleansers, polish, wax - adhesive won't stick to it otherwise. This goes for whatever surface you stick the velcro/tape to.