avl schrick camshafts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlespeed

Reaction score
I have just emailed them to see if they have anything for the RS133. One of their catalogues shows listings for the K4M for the Laguna, Megane but that may only be applicable to the earlier engine codes.

Lets see if they do have, or will have something as waiting for Catcams has become a bit :roll:

I hear good reviews about the Schricks on 197s. A bit lumpy on idle but totally transform the car.

Lumpy idle would be awesome lol, I love it when the car is cold and sensitive and lumpy and every response to the throttle is deep and growly

I know the catcams went from on the way, watch this space to they won't be done till someone gives us an engine?

It would be cool to get some news from Schrick, but anyway on their catalog they say F4R for Laguna, Megane, etc, so maybe it could fit the RS.

CatCams, well, they never give news and Kam Racing can´t get a date from them either...

yotah1":bs5xsc21 said:
It would be cool to get some news from Schrick, but anyway on their catalog they say F4R for Laguna, Megane, etc, so maybe it could fit the RS.

But it's a K4M in the 133RS :p

I agree with James, I'd be happy with lumpy idle = Flames :D

Haha not sure it will result in flames without a remap designed to that effect... But I wouldn't be getting cams without a remap/intake/exhaust sorted at the same time anyways. I wouldn't see the point

maggi112":1w8jjnks said:
Haha not sure it will result in flames without a remap designed to that effect... But I wouldn't be getting cams without a remap/intake/exhaust sorted at the same time anyways. I wouldn't see the point

Without the appropriate DECAT too ;)

Yeah, there would be little point in getting uprated cams without the appropriate mods to go with it and then the final RR test to get it set up properly.

I can't help but think, if they're doing cams, will they do Lightweight Pulleys now aswell?

Well anyway I´ve contacted K-Tec Racing and they are looking into buying their own 133 to do headwork, inlet manifold, cams and induction system.

On my side I´m looking into getting an RS exhaust manifold to get one done in stainless steel with decat but that fits the original exhaust position, not like the R2 which needs then the R2 exhaust system ...

CatCams having apparently dropped the work on the 133, that leaves us with Schrick and KTR.

Dear Neil,

thank you for your enquiry.

Has anybody tried our K4M camshaft on an Twingo RS 1.6? We had some customers in the past which are using this camshaft in an twingo engine but we got no reputation on it.

Please provide us some examples to measure.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards
Herbert C. Becker
Produktentwicklung/Product development

Tel: +49 2191 950-210
Fax: +49 2191 950-115
E-Mail: [email protected]

AVL SCHRICK GmbH
Dreherstr. 3-5
42899 Remscheid
DEUTSCHLAND/GERMANY

www.avl-schrick.com

AVL SCHRICK GmbH • Dreherstr. 3-5 • 42899 Remscheid
Handelsregister Wuppertal, HRB 11194
Geschäftsführer: Roger Wildemann
Does anyone have a pair of camshafts laying around?

I can bring them my car if they need, they can get the measurements from my cams but I can´t elave the car for weeks there, I need it on a daily basis...

I have been looking on ebay and breakers sites, plus calling a few for a K4M-854 cylinder head but they are not common. One breakers have quoted £450 for a complete head, delivered but when i called them, they didn't even have it in stock (cheaky feckers :lol: )

I think the 1.6 Wind uses the same engine and, it looks like the Clio RS1.6 uses it as well :)
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Motor-Renau...718884272?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item2ebbc71db0

Are there any good breakers in France as there is more Twingos on the road, so theres bound to be a few breaking?

yotah1":1bxg4y8e said:
I can bring them my car if they need, they can get the measurements from my cams but I can´t elave the car for weeks there, I need it on a daily basis...
That may be a plan, depending on what measurements they need. I can forward the email, with the gentlemans address, which may be easier being able to speak German better than myself.

It looks like 220Km from Frankfurt up to AVL ;)

There are more Twingos but not so many RS ones, and the broken ones are still expensive to buy, just for an engine...

Give me the guys contact info and I´ll give them a call tomorrow, to see if they speak english (they should I guess, given the wide range of products they have and the fact that many teams use their parts worldwide).

But honestly, my german sucks as much as yours I´m sure :D

yotah1":3knwpoal said:
Give me the guys contact info and I´ll give them a call tomorrow
I forwarded the email - yotah1@f??????

I can work out the general meaning of some written German. However, writing correctly and speaking it is another task entirely :?

frediiii":3auyhsbo said:
I can translate if there should be a problem. there must be someone at schrick speaking proper english ;)
Herbert who replied to my mail writes good English. The problem is a lack of measurements or a sample cam.

On the .de forum, Oliver also thinks that as, the RS K4M 854 engine has VVT on the inlet, the Schrick cams that are listed would not be a direct fit. They may also be a softer profile than the RS cams