Bad luck!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twingo133

Reaction score
Its been a while once again, just thought i would update you on my latest twingo adventure!

I went and had it serviced by Fish Brothers Renault in swindon and they did a brilliant job on it! was told i had the best man on the job, was quite chuffed about this! I dropped it off in the morning and told them not to rush and that i wasnt in a hurry for it back as i didnt need it. They phoned me 5 hours later telling me it was done! very happy with the customer service.

I was however told that one of my Tyres was bald when i collected her from the garage, i immediately went to have it changed and the bloke in the garage come in and told me i had another bald tyre, i told him that renault didnt seem to think so and i think he was trying to upsell.. anyway i had it done so i didnt have to worry about it and then i had my tracking done aswell while i was there! now im not an expert but i was told that my tracking was out very badly... this means nothing to me but it may do to someone else! He said it should be +8 and it was -6! completely fucked i figured! anyway i had it fixed and then comes the exciting part!

the next day i went to visit my gran... the weather was good so i thought i would stop at a little spot near hers with a ford (the wet kind) and take some snaps! Just as i went to stop i drove through a puddle! to my shock this puddle was infact a canyon and my whole front end of my car dropped down it! fortunately no damage done bar the tracking needed doing again!

anway that was my story! I felt i should tell someone as half my friends moan at me for going on about my car all the time!

Hope you are all good!

James

the readings I've see for tracking show the front toe angles as -ve. This leaves the front wheels pointing slightly outwards... as the bushes flex under the load of driving, the wheels will pull inwards and this ends up with the wheels being almost parallel (zero toe) which causes minimal tyre wear. Measures as degrees and minutes (1/60th of a degree). -ve 0deg 10minutes total toe should be good with that ideally balanced -5mins either side

Its good to hear that the Renault garage kept you happy :)

T133. If they have set it to +8 then don't mention the pothole and ask for it to be rechecked and adjusted again as "it feels funny". If it was one of the fast fit places they make a lot by upselling and making adjustments :(