• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Twingo Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Banger for £250

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TripNip

Reaction score
Hey all,

Doing a banger rally in June time and me of my team of one other have started to look for a car. Rules are it has to be close to the price of £250-300. Just wondering if anyone knew of any nice ones?

It's only got to last 4 days... To Milan and we want something with a bit of poke as we wouldnt mind winning.

Also... If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.

Could do my AXGT for £300 as its a good cause, (I'm going on the Mongol Rally)

P110810_1056.jpg

P110810_1055_04.jpg

P110810_1055_03.jpg

P110810_1055_02.jpg

P110810_1055_01.jpg

P110810_1055.jpg

P110810_1054_02.jpg

P110810_1054_01.jpg

P110810_1054.jpg

not a bad example either! lovely cars, bit of money would turn that into a minter!

You mean it's in one piece and not full of rust?!! lol

Sorry back on topic.....

Mr_Ben":1ykd07dn said:
You mean it's in one piece and not full of rust?!! lol

Sorry back on topic.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only thing that im not keen on are the wheels but for £300 bargain

You know, without screwing myself over in a sale... This is the exact car I've been looking for! We said if we found a good one, we'd have it.
£300 you say... I shall consult my team member and we'll defiantly in contact.

But I don't understand... Surely you need it if your doing the Mongol rally?

TripNip":1a8dbtc3 said:
You know, without screwing myself over in a sale... This is the exact car I've been looking for! We said if we found a good one, we'd have it.
£300 you say... I shall consult my team member and we'll defiantly in contact.

But I don't understand... Surely you need it if your doing the Mongol rally?

Ok, mate i have 18 cars atm, 1 isn't gonna hurt lol, got a rover streetwise for the rally,

Jordysport":3axben5q said:
great car and VERY fast only weighs 700kg, and with about 80 hp +

I'd vouch for that - I had a white one when they first came out in 1990 (that was the Mk 1 before they introduced the GTi and had to de-tune the GT to make the GTi quicker on paper - different dashboard and tailgate were the main difference and the Mk1 had about extra 10bhp over the Mk2).

The AX GT was at least as quick 0-60 as the Twingo RS - as you say because they weigh less than a wet sparrow, and handling was fantastic. Road tests at the time compared them to the original Mini Cooper.

I had it for nearly 3 years, put 40,000+ miles on it, and the only problem was that they had a weakness for splitting the bottom hose (mine did it twice and second time took the head gasket with it) but apart from that it was an absolute pleasure. I'd have to say the best car I ever had.

TripNip, for £300 you should bite his hand off!!!

gavin-h":28ycj5x7 said:
Jordysport":28ycj5x7 said:
great car and VERY fast only weighs 700kg, and with about 80 hp +

I'd vouch for that - I had a white one when they first came out in 1990 (that was the Mk 1 before they introduced the GTi and had to de-tune the GT to make the GTi quicker on paper - different dashboard and tailgate were the main difference and the Mk1 had about extra 10bhp over the Mk2).

The AX GT was at least as quick 0-60 as the Twingo RS - as you say because they weigh less than a wet sparrow, and handling was fantastic. Road tests at the time compared them to the original Mini Cooper.

I had it for nearly 3 years, put 40,000+ miles on it, and the only problem was that they had a weakness for splitting the bottom hose (mine did it twice and second time took the head gasket with it) but apart from that it was an absolute pleasure. I'd have to say the best car I ever had.

TripNip, for £300 you should bite his hand off!!!

Yeah they normally only go through bottom hoses when they are lowered as they rub on the driveshaft. was yours lowered? and only selling it at such a low price cos its a good cause i have it up at £500 atm elsewhere.

Jordysport":2kz3t9po said:
Yeah they normally only go through bottom hoses when they are lowered as they rub on the driveshaft. was yours lowered?

No, it was pretty-much bog-standard - the only mod was remote control for central locking/alarm/windows (weren't many had those in 1990!!!).

Both times they went were after long high-speed runs - I used it mainly on motorways with the job I had in those days and I suspect it was just a bit of overheating....

Status
Not open for further replies.