Be honest about your twingo...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having owned many different cars, :oops: including an RCZ, MR2 Roadster, Yaris SR & Hybrid, Daihatsu Charade Turbo, Visa GTI just to name a very small number, the little Twingo is an absolute hoot to drive, no I've not got any power (Power is for dreamers), but it goes around corners on rails - yes it's as hard as nails :cool: , makes a great sound :shock: , cheap to run and overall the finish of the car is not bad. It's an easy car to work on, certainly there are mods out there, you just need to search around - it's half the fun.

Will I keep it, not for ever but certainly until something else of interest comes along. :lol: :lol:

My Twingo 1.2 16v I-music is the first car I've ever owned and I've had for 3 years now. I've had nearly every fault that can happen + extras apart from the ball joints.
But even with the amount of things that have gone wrong with my car it's still got a personality that's different from the large amount of courtesy cars I've had as well as other cars I'm insured on.

It's still a brilliant car even though it's got 75 bhp standard (or 82bhp if your lucky like me) and handles like boat.

I'd still recommend the Twingo 1.2 16v :)

A few thoughts..

The alloys are made of cheese, the tyres don't give them any protection
The parcel shelf squeaks on bumpy roads
The interior is poor compared to say a Suzuki Swift Sport
I'm not keen on the name Twingo
The car seems tall for a hot hatch, the driving position seems high up

I love the handling, you can throw it into any corner at silly speeds and it just grips like a kart, puts a smile on my face
I like the aggressive look of the front end of the car
The green changeup light is cool
I like the fact it's a rare car, theres not many about
Makes a nice noise when you give it some beans

rstaylor":3b8jo4jv said:

The day after I bought the car I removed the parcel shelf. It's rather pointless having it

couldn't even tell you what happened to my parcel shelf. i took it out one day, and it's never appeared again since. probably left it somewhere or threw it into a bin quite literally a public bin. oh well, it's not needed and it's not missed :D

To add a small set of thoughts on the most basic Twingo I think you can buy (the extreme) - I loved most bits about my car.

- Brilliant handling for such an underpowered tall car, was always really chuckable and didn't give up like my clio used to.
- Love the look of the semi sporty styling at the front
- very versatile car (mine was used once as the only car to move a mate from a flat to a house..... Hundreds of trips but a deceptively big load bay with no seats)
- So cheap!!! £just over £4800 to buy on a 59 plate with 14000 miles on it (when it was a one and a half year old car)

It did have its downsides (not forgetting the power..... but which fool buys a 1.2 expecting a rocket)
- USELESS on fuel! for a 1.2 it returned really poor mpg
- the drivers seat could have done with being a fair bit lower with more lumbar support.

Out of my mixed car history it is one of the ones I miss the most (behind my 1.4 saxo.... no idea why that car was so much fun) beats the sportka, clio dci, scenic etc hands down!

Very jealous of all of you lucky people who still own yours - mine had to go for a house deposit but I will be buying one again one day!

tommy89":1p3yf766 said:
(not forgetting the power..... but which fool buys a 1.2 expecting a rocket)

:cool: 136bhp is over double the horsepower of the extreme lol, a 100% power increase over N/A power is pretty impressive and there is still massive gains to be had with a bit of money with the same engine strapped with a turbocharger and manifold :) ... i just won't be the one to be chasing such sillyness. regardless of my joking around.

isn't the little 1.0L ford ecoboost running in one of the fastest little ariel atom style go karts on the market? formula ford or something? it's something i seen one day a while and really can't remember a thing about it. i love small engines with punch :D

markhardy":31t1tcqn said:
rstaylor":31t1tcqn said:

The day after I bought the car I removed the parcel shelf. It's rather pointless having it
Couldn't agree more. We usually have the seats pushed forward so then it doesn't even cover the boot - useless!

Yep the parcel shelf will be coming out then, dunno why Renault bothered putting it in its that small :)
Forgot to mention the gearbox, i like the close ratio box, could do with a 6th gear for motorways but then again the car ain't designed for motorways

I've never seen another twingo 133 and I've had it since October 2009

I've got what must be the full fat cup version. Aircon, wipers, 4 seats, etc. but with the back breaking suspension. In a way wish I'd bought the non-cup version as it pisses me off when passengers still mention how hard it is

Tyres are the worst size possible. Shredded one last week :(

I hadn't even heard of a twingo never mind this version when I went to buy it. I went to get a clio GT and then saw this sitting there. Not regretted it at all.

Bought a black one, one in the dealer was silver but supposedly sold. Should have had that one!

Apart from that though it's probably the best car I'll ever own. Doubt I would ever really buy a non-hatchback or a car that wasn't 'hot' after owning this

Oh yeah the car is as hard as nails too. I got hit by a 15 ton double decker bus sliding towards me at about 30mph on ice a few years ago. Not a scratch on me ;) Threw the car about 15 feet though! Boot was destroyed but the floor and chassis didn't bend a mm so was fixed good as new

cw1014":i85rnuun said:
I've never seen another twingo 133 and I've had it since October 2009

I've got what must be the full fat cup version. Aircon, wipers, 4 seats, etc. but with the back breaking suspension. In a way wish I'd bought the non-cup version as it pisses me off when passengers still mention how hard it is
If its raining, politely suggest they get out and walk if the rides too stiff. Or alternatively, take a detour down your favourite back road :)

uhhhh nobody buys a cup for comfort. that's ludicrous, the cup is essentially renaults TYPE - R..... stiffer suspension, lower, lighter .... slightly pacier to top speed (but they don't tell you that, speed limites and all ...)

:)