Beaulieu National Motor Museum 17th July 2011

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Date: 17th July 2011
Time: TBA

Beaulieu National Motor Museum
Beaulieu
Hampshire
SO42 7ZN

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/

Facilities

Parking & Transport
Coach parking
On Site Car Parking
On site parking close by

Children & Infants
Babes in Arms
Baby changing
Children’s packs
Children's Meals
Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Highchair(s) available
Outdoor children’s play area

Establishment Features
Audio Tours - download free before your visit
Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
Dogs admitted on a lead
Garden / Grounds for visitors use
Gift shop
Groups by arrangement
Groups welcome
Guided tours - twice daily in the Motor Museum
Licensed for alcohol
Open all year round
Open Christmas
Open New Year
Open on bank holidays
Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement

Catering
Cafe
Catering for groups
Outdoor eating area
Picnic area
Refreshments Available
Undercover picnic area
Vegetarians catered for

A great day out is sure to be had at one of the UK’s leading tourist destinations - Beaulieu, located in the heart of the beautiful New Forest in Hampshire.

When at Beaulieu, be sure to visit the National Motor Museum, a collection of more than 250 motor vehicles dating right back to the earliest days of motoring. A new exhibition for 2009 is the ‘Jaguar Jamboree’, showcasing the iconic Jaguar brand with a selection of vehicles from its illustrious past.

Always popular is the James Bond Exhibition, where a number of motor vehicles and memorabilia featured in the James Bond franchise can be seen.

Budding drivers can get in the driving seat at Beaulieu on the ‘Dipstick’s Driving Circuit’ in fun mini motorised vehicles, test their skill with Remote Controlled Cars and for younger visitors, get physical on the Mini Motor Play Trail.

However, Beaulieu is not only about motor vehicles. Stroll though the magnificent rooms and treasures of ‘Palace House’, the Montagu family home since 1538. Outside - enjoy the fragrant gardens or take a short stroll to ruined, yet striking, Beaulieu Abbey.

Also at Beaulieu is the ‘Secret Army Exhibition’ which tells the story of the secret agents who trained at Beaulieu during World War II. Find out about the training, instructors, secret agents, unsung heroes and missions of the people who trained at Beaulieu almost 70 years ago.

Make sure you see all that Beaulieu has to offer and take a ride on the mile long Monorail for a bird-eye view of the grounds, or hop on the replica 1912 open-topped London Bus.

Im thinking as we have FCS in June that we could do this meet in July on a saturday or a sunday. I think sundays would be best.

Sundays are fine with me (especially as saturday is cleaning day)!

Bit too far for me! (2 hours 30)

+ its my bday on the 4th so might be out on the 3rd.

pritchp":3qqfgtwo said:
Bit too far for me! (2 hours 30)

+ its my bday on the 4th so might be out on the 3rd.

:lol: it's 2hours and 15 for me it's nothing :p

Need to change the date to the 17th i have a BBQ on the 3rd that i didnt know about

17th is better for me too, I forgot I'm going to Northampton on the 3rd!

I live just down the road from here so may turn up with the 197 if I'm allowed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk