Best Track Day Tyres?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazza462

Reaction score
Hi i've just bought another set of 17" cup alloys for my 133 cup. Planning on using them on the track only with a set of track day tyres.

I was wondering what people think the best track day tyres would be that aren't too expensive and what size people would go for.

Cheers

There aren't many track tires available in 17" that fit the Twingo (195/40R17 or 205/40R17). I know of the Toyo R888(R) and Kumho V70A/V700, both in 205/40. But these are very expensive! €210+ per tire. There should be a Nangkang NS-2R in 205/40R17, much cheaper and I think your cheapest choice in this size.

Don't really want to skimp too much but would you say the Nankangs are a good tyre on track. Heard mixed reviews so i'm unsure :/

The Nangkangs offer more grip than normal road tyres like the ones fitted standard. But only in the dry, when it's wet you'll be sliding everywhere with all three. I don't have any experience with the Nangkang myself but they appear to be ok. If it's your first time on track then they're a good tire to start with. And when you gain some experience or modify your car for track use then go with the expensive ones. Although there are a lot of trackday drivers that only use the Nangkangs (or similarly cheap tires) because they're at the track every weekend and go through multiple sets a year.

Toyo R888 £138.00
Toyo R888R £157.16
Kumho V70A £157.52
Nangkang NS-2R £69.60

You should look at running 15" on track as it gears the car down no nicely and there is a better range of tires available .