Best Tyre Suggestions

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC

Reaction score
For my aftermarket low profile wheels current size is 215/40 I believe, looking for some cheap under £75 each tyres with good handling and fair wearing on the motorway currently have 2 nexon n6000's on the back which seem to have good reviews was wondering wether it would be better to add 2 more of those to the front or go for something like toyos which seem to have good reviews in the community.

LC":27e3kinn said:
For my aftermarket low profile wheels current size is 215/40 I believe, looking for some cheap under £75 each tyres with good handling and fair wearing on the motorway currently have 2 nexon n6000's on the back which seem to have good reviews was wondering wether it would be better to add 2 more of those to the front or go for something like toyos which seem to have good reviews in the community.

215!!!! I wouldn't reccomend them, have fun rubbing.

Also is it wise being a cheapskate on the only 4 contact points for the road? After all its pretty proven you get what you pay for in tyres.

What size are they? If you don't want to pay much I'd go for uniroyal rainsport 2's. Should be perfect for the winter rain as well. Have a look on camskill, usually go for quite a decent price on there

the best thing to do is have a look at what tyres the clio sport boys swear by daily. i believe they all go mad for michelin pilots, but i always swear by toyo t1r's not because they are the best as they aren't, although deffinately not the worst or close but because they dump like a truck when it comes to grip in the dry and for the price i can't quite fault them in the dry. in the wet however in my experience they are fairly poor but i don't drive like a boob in the wet so that aspect doesn't bother me too much.

markhardy":318rwgrq said:
What size are they? If you don't want to pay much I'd go for uniroyal rainsport 2's. Should be perfect for the winter rain as well. Have a look on camskill, usually go for quite a decent price on there

They are 17s I believe the backs to be 215s though I will check this tomorrow haven't noticed any rubbing on them as off yet but would this be an issue with the arches etc on the front

oscar":3ad8uvz2 said:
the best thing to do is have a look at what tyres the clio sport boys swear by daily. i believe they all go mad for michelin pilots, but i always swear by toyo t1r's not because they are the best as they aren't, although deffinately not the worst or close but because they dump like a truck when it comes to grip in the dry and for the price i can't quite fault them in the dry. in the wet however in my experience they are fairly poor but i don't drive like a boob in the wet so that aspect doesn't bother me too much.

Will have a look there was thinking about some wintertime tyres and summertime tyres that could be an option to me, don't mind paying the fitting periodically

MovingShadow":ay0zsfps said:
I heard the Dunlop Sport Maxx are pretty good. They come stock on the Clio RS EDC.

I have a Sport Maxx as an replacement tire, (the others are Dunlop SP9000) and they are very loud when cornering hard. Not squealing, but some sort of rumbling noise, grip is ok. Wouldn't recommend them to be honest.

I've taken a look they are 205/40/17 my mistake

Forza":3n4x5a2s said:
MovingShadow":3n4x5a2s said:
I heard the Dunlop Sport Maxx are pretty good. They come stock on the Clio RS EDC.

I have a Sport Maxx as an replacement tire, (the others are Dunlop SP9000) and they are very loud when cornering hard. Not squealing, but some sort of rumbling noise, grip is ok. Wouldn't recommend them to be honest.

Are these the same tyres?

I thought that there were variations of the sportmaxx (rt/gt etc etc). Iirc the Clio 200 EDC runs the rt tyres as part of the cup pack (not really bothered enough to go look though)

I got Pirelli p zero nero's gt they are good for braking in the wet but feel like sort of I'm driving on jelly when flying through corners also in 195/40 they are pretty pricey, I <3 the stock contisports 3 with the reinforced sidewall I think they will feel the same as the sportmaxx I think

Anyone have experience with the uniroyal rain sport 3s people seem to swear by them

Yokohama AD08's. Can't fault them in the dry! By far the best tyre I've had on any car in the dry. In the wet they can be a bit sketchy. I don't drive fast in the wet anyway but I've found anymore than half to 3 quarters on the throttle in 2nd off a roundabout and all you get is wheel spin. They have a really cool thread pattern as well.