Bloody Annoying Rattle

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OscarJJ

Reaction score
I have this bloody annoying rattle when ever I put my foot down hard. I`ve tried everything, Checked the back seat, the spare wheel and kit, the little bungees, parcel shelf is no more so that cant be an issue.

And im out of idea`s, has anyone else had similar issue and found a solution ?/

Sorry should of mentioned, it sounds like it's the rear passenger side section the noise is coming from but it's quite difficult to locate while driving

Have you checked the boot striker hasn't come loose or not aligned correctly as this is fairly common issue, had the same problem till other members mentioned it.

It's basically what the boot mechanism attaches to which as 2 Torx bolts holding it down, if you open the boot it's basically at the bottom where the boot locks. Mine needed pulling inwards as if you looked in the boot while it's closed you could see the gap between the boot seal and the boot it's self. Hope this helps I'd take a picture but not a clue how to upload them in the correct file size.

What seats does the silverstone have, bench or sliding ? Because my cup bench seat can cause a rattle if either of the catches aren't locked properly, you have to give it some to make sure they click in to place. These are the only things in rear I can suggest apart from the obvious which you've checked.

Cheers buddy, The Silver stone has sliding seats that have all had a good bang into place and some old carpet pushed around to limit and noise ! I've had a look at my boot and think that could be the issue but it needs tools to fix so might have to pop to homebase on the way home. Thanks