BMC Panel Filter Review

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
So today i got a nice delivery a BMC Panel filter. Fitted it at lunch and drove the car home tonight. I have had the standard and a Ktec fitler in it before didnt see much difference in the OEM and the Ktec filter but this BMC yes you can tell the difference better throttle responce and feels a smoother in the gears seem better the car just fell like its losened up and lets the power out :) being a panel filter its not like stupid power but you sure can feel the difference :)

Ok today on the way to work roads have been dead so i got to open her up a little and yes all i can say is im very impressed its not alot quicker but only being a panel filter im not surprised. But the thorrtle is so much better, Gear change is super doesnt seem as slack just change gear and go again :) All i can say if your looking for one of these filters its a bit more then some panel filters but you pay for what you get and this one is better then the other panel filters i have had before. Its the first time going in the BMC world did a read up and the CDA induction kits had a slating but the panel filters never so fought ill give it ago and has come out on top :)

I had a BMC CDA on my saxo and it was worked a treat. The only thing that let them down was price!

That and a full supersprint exhaust system gained me 10bhp on a vtr

May have this filter installed when I get her re-mapped in the new year.

I'm a big fan of the BMC filters and have fitted them to my last 3 cars as they seem so much better quality than other manufacturers offerings..

Max":225il9tg said:
I had a BMC CDA on my saxo and it was worked a treat. The only thing that let them down was price!

That and a full supersprint exhaust system gained me 10bhp on a vtr

May have this filter installed when I get her re-mapped in the new year.

was that our exclusive race supersprint system or one with the big "magnum" tailpipe on the backbox

Just wondered what it sounded like with the BMC filter in ?

I have the airbox bung removed and sounds a lot better, does it make a nicer noise with the BMC in too ?

Plus do you feel any noticable gain on pick up ? I think I may have lost a little on removing the bung ?

I assume the oil on the filter will not cause any issues and is the filtration as good as the paper ones ?

Sorry loads of questions !!

Is not any noisyer bout the same i also have the bung removed and the throttle responce with the filter is really good.

Also it isnt covered in oil. Oil restricts the airflow.

i have one from about 12.000km and works very well!!

now i have just bought the BMC DIA for engine over 1600!! it's veeeeery big, i hope there's enough space to adjust it!!

Front what i have been told BMC induction kits arent very good!

Also i know Renaults run better on Panel filters. If i was you mate i would stick to the Panel filter. I had a K and N Apollo on mine and it did jack just made loads of noise!

Karl BMC are the best in the business their intake setups are awesome!, as long as you get the right size box pipework etc they can be awesome

Yes bmc im not saying there crap but for Renaults there systems are crap unless you have a panel filter

as a general statement air filters dont tent to make much diffrence on renault sports as on some other makes,(apart from maybe noise) due to the development on the engine/intake system when being made, on RS's they tent to be fairly free flowing and are mostly there to stop big lumps of crud and keep the noise down

Had a BMC induction kit fitted to my Lupo Sport. Along with the manifold and exhaust that made 17bhp from an n/a 1.4 16v engine. So I do recommend them.

Interested to know if a panel filter offers any difference in noise? Always loved the soun of induction kids as they give a great sound. :)

hi just wondering where you got your BMC filter from?

cheers

As I spend last week in London, I took the chance to get one from kam-racing.
And I must say.... it's great. The response when hitting the gas-pedal is much better than before... could fully recommend it :!:

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

No its not for a GT, its for Ferrari F430, my daily runabout.... ofc its for a GT lol, got it in the post yesterday and fitted it what a difference over the Ktec one just can't keep off the loud pedal.