BMW alpina D5

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dw118

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has any ideas on this,

My work mate is after a new car other then a megane sport i can't think of anything, he has 50k to spend and has his eye eye on a alpina D5. Can't think of any cars to suggest.

Has to be big, 5 door decent on fuel and can shift when he needs it to

To be honest I wish I has this problem , :eek:

hard choice for sure! my 50 grand would be taken to my nearest infiniti dealership :) their latest lines are blooming sexy!

To be honest he can easily get a very good E90 M3 saloon for 30k and spend the rest on fuel or even an RS4.

But if you're looking at 50k you can't go wrong with a D5... Alpinas are brutal ;)

I was very tempted by a D3 but decided on a roller skate instead. Quite capable, so I guess the D5 would be pretty good if your after a bigger motor.

Lease and put the 50k into savings? With that kind of money leasing is better in my opinion when you look at the depreciation costs if you bought

A recommendation for Audi:

My A5 fits your mate's criteria.
dw118":35h818m8 said:
Has to be big, 5 door decent on fuel and can shift when he needs it to

Almost Mondeo-sized.

Fuel 50mpg round town thanks to turbo diesel and start-stop function.

V quick through the gears with turbo on-song. 0-60 around 8 seconds. If that's not enough, he could spend an extra 20 grand and go for the S5 which is SERIOUSLY quick by anyone's standards.

However, I'd recommend something like mine because ride quality suffers with lower-profile tyres (mine are 225/50 and cushion the worst of the bumps pretty well)

Thanks, it's a strange one I think as I don't think there are as many choices for his choice of car then what I would would be after

Like the gtr idea myself but as I thought its kinda BMW or Audi, one I did find for him is the Mercedes Benz shooting brake