Bodykit, side trims.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yesfan

Reaction score
One of my side trims (under the door) has come away from the body. Not taken it off yet, but it looks like some of the clips may be broken or missing and the previous owner has tried to fix it back using some kind of silicon?

Is this part repairable under warranty? The paintwork is ok and although the warranty info states paintwork can be repaired on bumpers etc couldnt see anything in the warranty about refixing bodykit. Where the trim has been loose it has rubbed against the body and caused small thin scratches, luckily concealed by the trim, but thinking of moisture being trapped there and potential corrosion. If the trim is covered by warranty will the damaged paintwork caused by the loose trim be covered also?

I've seen the stripes are covered so hopefully this will be.

Even if it was covered, evidence of an amateur job would probably be enough for them to deny it. The only way to find out for sure will be to go to a dealer, or maybe ring Renault UK.

It was done under warranty or goodwill? Just a few clips missing, they had some lying around so sorted it for me.