Boot catch freaking out

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikNorton

Reaction score
On Wednesday the boot catch went mental - when I went to the car it stayed locked tight. After a few lock/unlock cycles eventually it unlocked after I opened the driver's door... but then when I shut it it'd pop open again! Lock/unlock a few more times and eventually it stayed shut. Drove to the supermarket, and it was jammed shut again, rinse and repeat. When I got home I made sure it stayed shut and locked, then didn't touch it yesterday... and seems fine again this morning :?

Is this sort of thing common? Is it the start of my car's electrics "doing a Renault"? I can't imagine my insurers would be terribly impressed to learn the boot randomly pops open and/or refuses to shut!

Can't say I've had anything like that happen. If you're still in warranty, it's probably worth getting that checked out.

Yeah, it's under 18 months old; I've been meaning to get it in for a rattly back seat (for all the good they'll be able to do) and the crappy cold running fix. A security issue will probably get me round to it, and while I'm there they can check the suspension boot things.

Nice little list! :D

solenoids connecting wire has came loose, common problem in clio's as they use the same solenoids and locking mechanisms