Boot light, how?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy89

Reaction score
In the hunt for things to do cheaply on my twingo, I have decided it needs a boot light (extremes dont have one or a hole for one)

I was just wondering if there was anything with a permanent power source back there that I can wire into ?

Oh!! I tried to use motion senseing/ manualy switched on lights... but they either fell off or ran out of batteries which was a bit irritating.

Any help would be great :D

I (with my dads help) wired one in with a relay on the radio live feed. Put a switch in the glove box so i could turn it on and off and ran a wire down the side of the car i a light in the boot. Dunno if this is the sort of thing you mean but hope it helps.

now thats a good idea! thaks very much. so the radio would be a suitable live feed to use, the rig up a manual switch or a door preasure switch :)

I never would have thought to use anything up the front of the car lol, I'l set to it tomorrow with a visit to maplins/ the scrappers.

thanks again :)

Your welcome. My dads idea really and helped me set it up. Could always fit a switch in the boot so you only use it when your in there. It was wired so would only work with radio on and not flatten battery if I forgot to turn it of.

that's why I was worried about wiring it into the car, as when i used battery operated ones, i always forgot to turn them off so the batteries would be dead by the morning.

I think I might have to copy your idea on this one :D

Might be worth a look see over thedons thread as he placed under seat lighting under the chairs. An I think it was run from the interior light.

Does the interior light turn on when the boots open? If so that'll the best place to run a feed from surely?

I've just got one of those magnetic LED lights in the boot. Bloody bright (something like 32 high power LED's) and sticks to the side of the boot. Robert Dyas for a few quid, batteries included!

Thankyou jra3d and thedon, that certainly is a good idea and gives me a good idea of what to have a look out for tomorrow when pulling the car to bits! :)

Matt- oddly the interior light doesn't come on when I open the boot as there is no switch linked to the boot lid, if I can't find the wires that thedon mentioned then I will have a think about patching into the existing inteior light/ radio. :)

I will keep you all updated with how I get on tomorrow!