Brake conversion??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan1992

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a drum to disc conversion kit for the twingo I-music 2010?

no there isn't dan (the i music etc shares the same brakes as the twingo gt) and in turn these share the same brakes with the clio williams and a standard clio range near enough with a few exceptions. it's easy enough to just get a hold of a rear hub for one of the above said cars, as well as calipers and discs. the install of said parts is within the reach of any mechanic. the only trouble you'll run into is the ABS on the rear and the handbrake cable.

just so you know, rear discs won't actually increase your braking efficiency as they don't do any of the braking (around 25% of the cars braking) so i am guessing this is for looks over anything ??

It could be a possibility, i would look towards fitting an RS rear beam onto it more than anything else, you would have to look at Track width and Bolt alignment then though.

Ok thanks for the info oscar and Yes it is more for looks more than anything because just got some alloys and would look better.

no problem dan, you could just as easily sand the rust off your brake drums and paint them a snazzy colour as well as your front calipers. i think that would look really good, keeping with the oem flush look with a bit of distinction as you can see below on my car.

IMG_20131117_130303.jpg

while it wont really give you any more braking power it will stabilize the car under hard braking both my GT and Gordini are horrible under hard braking compaired to a car with discs on the rear!