Brakes

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritchp

Reaction score
right... mine car has done 22K miles (09 plate) and the brakes need changing soon...

so my question is.. do i just get the renault standard ones or go after market?

and do i need to change front and rear at the same time & do i change the discs as well as the pads?

yh i have no idea when it comes to brakes! :lol:

If you don't have a clue with brakes, get someone to look at them to give you an honest opinion. Not one of the fast fit chains either as you will end up needing a new car lol.

Only replace the discs if they need it. New discs need new pads regardless of how much pad might be left. Replace axle by axle, youll find the fronts do summin like 70% of te braking so the rears will only need attention half s often unless youve had the back out a lot and sent the tsc mental. Have you inspected the pads to see how much is left or is it you think they need replacing?

i was just gunna replace them all for the best results...

If theyre still good no point. If theyre uneven then deffo, and find out why. Yours is like 2 years old now right? Do the fluid at the same time whilst youre there. I will be changing my hoses for black stainless ones when I come to do mine.