Bucket seats

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullii94

Reaction score
I know your all going to say bin the back seats
But is there anyway to keep the back seats while having buckets and a harness?
Or is there nowhere safe to mount the harness?

Just an idea :)

2lld4bn.jpg

I was thinking something like this, but with it being 2 door how would people get in the back? :?

People can get in and out fairly easily lol they just have to climb under the bar but it would be Seriosuly ******* dangerous in a crash, their head would be crushed if it smashed into that

if you take the back seats out, remember come MOT they'll need to either go back in or you'll need to remove the rear seatbelts or you'll fail :) one of my backseats has only ever been used. i feel sorry for anyone who has to climb in the backseat of a twingo, there is no space in the back lol

Harness bar sold via Ktec should be soon, like bolt in roll cage. They just haven't updated their website

mwalsh":m4fnjddh said:
Harness bar sold via Ktec should be soon, like bolt in roll cage. They just haven't updated their website

that would be a very expensive option no doubt. not that the quality will be poor or anything :) you could have a custom harness bar made for around £100 pounds that you can bolt in and remove at any time from a local engineering company. all you'll need to do is show them the ideal height / position for mounting the harness bar so that they know where it's ideally to go. you can also then have it painted in your choice of colours at a later date

i'm always keen to encourage people to think for themselves like that, no need to wait for things to be made when you can have them made yourself 9/10 for much cheaper usually!

oscar":3p1stsyo said:
mwalsh":3p1stsyo said:

that would be a very expensive option no doubt. not that the quality will be poor or anything :) you could have a custom harness bar made for around £100 pounds that you can bolt in and remove at any time from a local engineering company. all you'll need to do is show them the ideal height / position for mounting the harness bar so that they know where it's ideally to go. you can also then have it painted in your choice of colours at a later date

i'm always keen to encourage people to think for themselves like that, no need to wait for things to be made when you can have them made yourself 9/10 for much cheaper usually!

Yeah I agree, it'll probably be stupidly expensive!
I think it's just a case of finding somewhere you can trust to make it :)
Suppose I'll have to keep it as it is until I can justify not having back seats, don't want the people in the back smashing their heads on the bar :eek:

A harness bar can be made longevity havingnyour back seats. Take a look at my blog, very easy to make, and the actual cost of fabrication was £100 all in I believe. Just requires the seats to be moved a little forward. :)

mwalsh":2d5f8wlr said:
A harness bar can be made longevity havingnyour back seats. Take a look at my blog, very easy to make, and the actual cost of fabrication was £100 all in I believe. Just requires the seats to be moved a little forward. :)

Just had a look, what do you do when the back seats are up? Use the normal belts?