Bucket Seats

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JE_GT

Reaction score
I've decided to strip the rear of my car like Al's old 133 and fit some Fixed bucket seats. What else do I need apart from Seats, OMP Subframes (already have) and Side mounts? Is it possible to fit runners as well to slide them?

I was thinking about doing similar to mine, is there no issue with the seatbelt reminder thing?

Do the subrames not have the runners on them?

I used to run stripped interior and a pair of OMP buckets, sidemounts, sliders and subframes (WHICH I STILL HAVE FOR SALE *hint hint*) with harnesses so feel free to ask any questions.

Subframes do not come with runners. These are roughly 30 quid each and will raise the seat a further inch. They are also a pain to use easily.

Personally I thought the seats were far too high with the runners and never tried them without (as otherwise the seat would be too far forward).

Seatbelt won't beep at you but will be lit up constantly unless you fit a resistor into the socket (I never bothered, wasn't a problem at all).

What do you have for sale still? The whole lot or just the sub frames (which i already have) lol. I could personally live without runners as the back seats won't be in so MOT failure doesn't count?

I have the subframes for sale lol.

You might be forced to use runners to be honest but only for the reason that the seat will be too close to the steering wheel if you don't... Depends how small/big you are though.

I'm small haha, 5 7". Is it easy to fit the Side mounts to runners/subframes? And can you use buckets without harnesses (use original belts) ?

You'll have to make sure the seats are base mountable in order to fit them without sidemounts but if you are using them they all literally just bolt together. Incredibly easy.

You can use the original belts but you'll have to unbolt them at the bottom and thread them through the side (easily done with a large Torx bit) but you'll have to take the seatbelt clips off the old seats and mount them into the subframe with a hole/nut/bolt/spreader (or something...).

I was planning on fitting side mounted ones to be honest, I was just wondering if the side mounts could be mounted on to the runners, or does it not work like that?

are they not adjustable sidemounts? so you can adjust them to fit you then they are fixed sort of thing?

The sliders simply bolt between the sidemounts and subframes.

Sidemounts have some adjustability but this is for up/down and seating angle, not back/forward position.

Yeah the seats can be a right killer and decent harnesses can cost almost as much :(

On the other end of the scale though OMP TRS seats are roughly 130 a piece.... can't really get any cheaper and the quality is surprisingly good for such a cheap seat.

TRS is steel framed so it's a bit heavier and chunkier than a "normal" bucket seat. £150 with sidemounts saves you a bit of cash :)

It's roughly the same as a standard seat so you won't save anything in weight but support through corners etc is more than enough of a reason.

Matt":1dmzing6 said:
TRS is steel framed so it's a bit heavier and chunkier than a "normal" bucket seat. £150 with sidemounts saves you a bit of cash :)

It's roughly the same as a standard seat so you won't save anything in weight but support through corners etc is more than enough of a reason.

And the looks lol, the standard seats are sweaty.. I've just had a look and they weigh 10.3KG