Bung in or bung out

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordyb

Reaction score
Ok, this is a popular topic at the moment, and Maybe one that the only outcome is personal opinion, but lets create some sort of list! See If it creates any interest!

Bung in -
Lordyb

Bung out -

Bung in -
Lordyb

Bung out -
Matt

A dyno was done at last years FCS and it showed that bung out resulted in performance drop of roughly 1 BHP. I think the noise far outweighs this though...

A dyno was done at last years FCS and it showed that bung out resulted in performance drop of roughly 1 BHP. I think the noise far outweighs this though...

Bung in -
Lordyb

Bung out -
Matt

Bung in the garage, along with the airbox-
Singlespeed

bung out for noise. bung in for performance. Taking the bung out and it will allow hot air from the engine to be sucked in therefore resulting in a performance loss. Cold air is the way! To be honest though it might be 1bhp in the engine but you probably wont actually see any performance loss once the power reaches the wheels.

Bung out! :D
0-100kph times stay the same and it drives the same as before, so there's no reason to put it back in performance-wise for me.
Renault didn't build these holes without a purpose, but I guess they had to close them, because otherwise it was probably too noisy for the "average" customer in some European countries.

Bung in -
Lordyb

Bung out -
Matt
Dazza
phil
manofhow
Jra3d
Tw11ngo

Took it out first day i got the car hasn't been in since.

Bung in -
Lordyb

Bung out -
Matt
Dazza
phil
manofhow
Jra3d
Tw11ngo
clairemae

Sounds epic with the bung out!!

Bung in -
Lordyb

Bung out -
Matt
Dazza
phil
manofhow
Jra3d
Tw11ngo
clairemae
jamesw

Standard exhaust I'd go for Bung out. That's what I had. However I now have a Ktec cat back exhaust system which sounds sweeeet. So I'm gona stick the bung back in as I have the exhaust. 0-100 kph might not change as someone has said however with terms of performance it is extremely simple. Hot air is bad for performance and this is why you have cold air intakes. Also why just buying air filters which are competley open in your engine is STUPID unless your just looking for noise and don't mind making your car worse. If you take the bung out when the car sucks air in it will also suck in the hot air from around the engine. To make your car better you do need to get as much air as possible going through the air box however in needs to be cold air. If your really intent on getting a better sound and extra performance its really not that hard! Go down to Halfords buy a cold air intake tube. Cut a hole in the bottom left corner of the air box. Fit the tube and use something to seal it well around the box so it doesn't allow hot air in. Feed the tube to the front of your car so that cold air goes in. You might need to take off the front bumper to fit it properly but it's pretty easy to take off the bumper anyway. Ive done this cost me £15. Sorry went off abit there but that should cover all the facts on the bung in out decision :)