Bush replacement time?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

since major aftermarket bush companies in EU arent looking to do a set for the 133 any time soon im wondering when/what mileage should the OEMs be changed?
im not one to change things as there about to die or gone, rather do it a while before for a piece of mind. The car seems to have done a lot of mileage compared to others, hit 50k after 2 1/4 years and reinforced some of the mount areas around certain bushes.
is there a common time frame/mileage to change bushes?

As I said before, RS's munch through bearings/bushes/joints.

That doesn't sound that bad tbh, especially if it's had a harder than average life, as yours has lol!!

Try and badger Powerflex to release some poly bushes, or ask Karl to see if any of the Clio range fit...!?

steveo's tried a few and ktec said gearbox one wouldnt work :(

might replace them now and get pictures to compare the conditions one ones at 50k mark to new ones (my gear box one has taken a batter of heat from the exhaust :( )

will keep trying with different bush making companies and hope for the best

If there's no knocking or steering vagueness, I'd leave them alone until someone makes the poly bushs for the 133. Why spend double doing the same job.

your talking a few years mind till there done, well from polyflex anyways which is a huge shame

no luck so far. always R2 ones but the system is ball joints so will be quite stiff