Buzzing noise on twingo gt! help!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingoroe

Reaction score
I have a buzzing noise coming from this part on my car when the ignition is on are the engine is on. Its next to the dump valve and connected to the metal part at the front of the engine where the oil cap is on. My car is also running lumpy at idle at the moment. When I unplug this part the noise goes away but comes back when I plug it in. If anymore pictures will help I will put them on

Attachments

• twingo 2.jpg
    twingo 2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,682
  • twingo.jpg
    twingo.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,682
Electronic throttle body. Within that, theres your throttle butterfly to regulate the airflow into the engine.

To open and close the butterfly, theres an electric motor which is powered by a signal from the ECU (spring pressure also closes it so its more fail safe). To ensure the throttle opens the correct amount required by your foot on the throttle pedal, theres a couple of potentiometers that send a voltage back to the ECU which then works out if the throttle position is correct for the load.

If the butterfly is stiff to move or stuck, the motor will be constantly trying to move it to where it should be. Which may account for the buzzing and running problems

I guessed last night after a further check that its my throttle body. Should I get to it and clean it out do you reckon?

Twingoroe":23qyky3n said:
I guessed last night after a further check that its my throttle body. Should I get to it and clean it out do you reckon?
For the cost of a can of carb cleaner, that may help if its just gummed up and sticky.

If you end up replacing it, you should get the ECU calibrated to the new one. So the ECU knows what feedback voltages actually relate to fully closed and fully open. Otherwise, the throttle butterfly position will be slightly off from the desired position. I doubt you would notice for fully open, as the last few degrees of movement would only allow a fraction more air through. However, at idle and very light throttle positions the change in airflow would be most noticeable as a small change in position will make a significant change in airflow.