cam belt/aux belt and water pump replacements on a GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEOX5000

Reaction score
hi,

Has anyone replaced the belts and water pump on the twingo themselves?

My cars just coming up to 30k but is a 57 so needs doing
But when we came to have a look it looks like an engine out jobby which we dont have the facilities for as we're doing this on the drive

Just wondering if theres anyway to do this without a garage
My boyfriends a qualified mechanic and has done belt replacements before so its just a case of getting access and how difficult it will make it.

Was going to the Renault garage but when I requested a quothe they flat out refused to do the water pump

Any help would be much appreciated!

If he's a qualified mechanic won't the garage let him work on the car in the garage at some point after hours?
Rather than you doing it on the drive?

You could do it on axel stands its quite a simple job from what I hear just Labour and time really, Renault refusing to do the water pump? Do you have the recording of this conversation, it would be ridiculous not too !

I might be able to get the guide with permission

Thats smiths at Peterborough for you, hate to say it but they see a girl and try their luck, makes one job into two if they dont do it now! Lots more labour costs and money for them!

no this is not an engine out job at all. infact, quite the opposite. no special tools required, simply remove the old timing belt and slip the new one on just don't move the cams or crank. remove the front right wheel arch liner and you'll be surprised how much room there is down there. if you do skip a tooth or anything, just find TDC by removing a spark plug and popping a big old screwdriver in. once the screwdriver stops moving upwards as you manually crank the engine by hand on the exhaust stroke at TDC, you may want to use a long drill bit to lock the crank or flywheel.

technical-stuff-f120/cambelt-timing-belt-t11392.html