Can you work it out?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne

Reaction score
You saw a shirt for £97.00 but you didn't have the money so you borrowed £50 from your mum and £50 from your Dad which = £100 leaving you £3 change. Out of that change you gave a £1 back to your mum and a £1 back to your dad keeping a £1 back for yourself, so you now owe your mum £49 and your dad £49 which = £98 + the £1 you kept totaling £99, what happened to the other £1???????

Im now tempted to get £100 in front of me and go through the process to see where the £1 went lol

i just don't understand it. thought i had come up with an answer.. but i didn't... and now my brain hurts so I'm going back to sleep for a while..

The answer I was given was this -

There is no missing £1
You borrowed two times £49 pound = £98, and spend £97 pound, and now have an extra pound to keep for yourself.
You are adding up what you owe, plus what you have which doesn’t work, as there is no £100 pound. Once you give them the £1 back if you are adding up what you spent you should either add up 49 +49 = shirt + 1 change or if you are adding up what you borrowed originally that is 50+50 = shirt +3 change

They are two difference equations cleverly put together to make it look like there is a missing pound.

50 ----- 50
1.50 ---- 1.50
1 ------- 1

leaving 2 50p's

**** the £97, **** the shirt. stupid shirt

Oh yes well done leanne :p but it was a bit early for us all so i will blame it on that :)

:lol:

Two creditors Make £98
One asset makes £97 and cash of £1 makes £98

Two sides balance. Nothing is missing :lol:

Why people can't think in a logical way escapes me!

Heres another old one

triangle%20puzzle.gif

Being as the coloures shapes are the same size and have been re-arranged, where does the extra square come from?

singlespeed":1x7vl94y said:
Heres another old one

triangle%20puzzle.gif

Being as the coloures shapes are the same size and have been re-arranged, where does the extra square come from?

dont you start as well. my mind is melting.

they simply fit better thogether the other way.

to do with the steepness of the red and blue. damn it you have dragged me into this now, AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH