Car Camera

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James-Hilton

Reaction score
I don't plan on it ever happening but better safe than sorry! I was in a taxi that had one the other day and he was hit by another car that denied fault even though it was completely theirs. It got me thinking and I'm looking at getting one fitted to my 133 just in case some t**t hits me. Does anyone have one of these security cameras fitted to their cars and if so what brand and where have you mounted it? I want it to be discreet so thief's don't nick it as well.

Also does anyone know if it'll bring my insurance down at all? I know a lot of people in Eastern Europe use them for avoiding insurance fraud.

I've used both GoPro an a 10 pound one off of eBay. My neighbour has one that's around the 100 pound mark and it's pretty decent I'll try to find a link. But basically you get what you pay for.

Only advice really is make sure you can get the correct date on it. As the cheap ones you struggle sometimes (well I do) an without date and time it's useless

Well, I've just ordered the Mobius HD camera. Being intended , not as a car dash cam, but more as an action camera, they dont have the GPS logging and auto file saving after a quick deceleration which some of the more expensive dash cams have. However, its small, does 1080p or 720p onto a micro SD card and can be set to start recording when power gets applied(downloadable software required)

I was thinking about selling my Gopro if anyone was interested, I know this isn't the sale thread but yh it's the hero 3+ with remote and I have the suction mount too, only had it since November but then I got rid of the twinge so I haven't used it .

Callum-stirling":386y5eay said:
I was thinking about selling my Gopro if anyone was interested, I know this isn't the sale thread but yh it's the hero 3+ with remote and I have the suction mount too, only had it since November but then I got rid of the twinge so I haven't used it .

Callum, get a thread up with some pics and add a link in your post. You'll get it sold in no time then

I'm using the roadhawk HD...after trying cheapos and low quality roadhawks a well as a GoPro...the roadhawk HD is a god send.
Runs continiously as soon a engine starts. Overwrites it's self unless you have clicked the button to save a file. Every video has a side panel of your route on google maps as well as GPS determined speed and a G-force meter which is again shown in the videos. If you have a crash/bump, it knows and saves a file without you having to do anything.
Gopro was great but high maintainance, changing and wiping SD cards and having to remove it every time. Roadhawk blends in well and people don't really think of it as a valuable item like a GOPro. Roadhawk HD is great for trackdays too.

singlespeed":2u3ea49b said:
Well, I've just ordered the Mobius HD camera. Being intended , not as a car dash cam, but more as an action camera, they dont have the GPS logging and auto file saving after a quick deceleration which some of the more expensive dash cams have. However, its small, does 1080p or 720p onto a micro SD card and can be set to start recording when power gets applied(downloadable software required)

Here is the software for updating camera firmware and adjusting camera settings: https://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

Also few days ago, while on highway some ice came from f****** nowhere (or so I thought, after looking at video I found out it fell off the power lines), so here's a short demonstration of video quality ;)

[youtube]Gn0_fl6shPM[/youtube]

^^^ thanks for the link :) I'll take your word for it that the quality is good enough to be usable, as I won't be able to watch the bid clip without upsetting the server manager

James-Hilton":11ep1o3m said:
Also does anyone know if it'll bring my insurance down at all? I know a lot of people in Eastern Europe use them for avoiding insurance fraud.
Hi,
Below is a list of in car cameras that a number of our schemes give discounts for.
Regards,
Dan.

• ChilliBongo
• ForView FHX 2000 & FHX 1000
• Auto Eye UK
• MI Witness HD Camera
• Black Vue – 380 & 400 G.HD
• VCAM
• IPIXI
• Next Base InCarCam – Lite / Deluxe / Professional Models
• SmartCam2
• Smart Witness Cameras
• Exeros HD Car Cameras -l HD 1080P model within built speed camera detection
• Roadhawk Forward Facing DC1
• Novus System – View I Ruby and Silver Systems
• TTW Black Vue Cameras
• Phantom Cameras
• Silent Witness – SW010

Cheers guys! I'm gonna take a look at some of these. Handy seeing as I'm insured though Adrian Flux as well! :D