Carbon bonnet

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callum-stirling

Reaction score
Hi guys

I got in contact with fiberwerx cus I fancied a carbon bonnet and they replied with this

eryqubub.jpg

I have no idea on price yet and I don't have a decent bonnet to give them haha but yh if anyone is interested let me know and I will look into it more

Not a fan of the idea of a carbon bonnet tbh it's a bit small and wouldn't look that great although if they can do a whole carbon front end...

LCplParks":1vtho7ko said:
Not a fan of the idea of a carbon bonnet tbh it's a bit small and wouldn't look that great although if they can do a whole carbon front end...

That would be cool mate but I don't know how well that would work xx

Yeah that's the only issue but a full re panelling would be interesting/mega pricey, depending on a price I'd probably be interested though because I could always get it painted

callum i think if you want to go down the pricey weight reduction route, you should look at carbonising (is that even a phrase?) the tailgate / bonnet / doors as they all are pretty bloody heavy and sit quite higher up in the car. you'd reduce the weight by a good 80-100 kg i'd guess and removing high up weight will have positive effects on your handling but will no doubt be a thing of dreams as i don't believe many people would buy one. i would deffinately be interested in the bonnet though so long as the price is fair :D

Would it just be a top skin, bonded onto the original steel inner panel. Or, inner and outer.

oscar":2dwbqiey said:
callum i think if you want to go down the pricey weight reduction route, you should look at carbonising (is that even a phrase?) the tailgate / bonnet / doors as they all are pretty bloody heavy and sit quite higher up in the car. you'd reduce the weight by a good 80-100 kg i'd guess and removing high up weight will have positive effects on your handling but will no doubt be a thing of dreams as i don't believe many people would buy one. i would deffinately be interested in the bonnet though so long as the price is fair :D

This is what I'm talking about, there'd be more benefit to getting that done because really the bonnet is like 0.5m square and weighs like 2kg

singlespeed":3ykfi1uw said:
Would it just be a top skin, bonded onto the original steel inner panel. Or, inner and outer.

It would be the complete unit Neil inner and outer I believe :) cheers for the shirt and stickers :) just came today

If your'e going down the weight saving route carbon bonnets are not the way to go (unless you want to spend a lot of money) because of it's size. I'd suggest you go down the FRP or other plastic route as the bonnet is not a stressed member and also prob be cheaper.

Plus as Mr Parks said it'll look 'silly' because of it's size.

it could be a possibility to have Tomasz create a fibre glass bonnet. no doubt this would be much cheaper, and for others interested could certainly reduce costs further although Carbon Fibre will offer a much greater weight reduction

Callum-stirling":2q36mxrg said:
uqa9eru8.jpg

Thanks but no thanks haha

£550 is cheap for a carbon bonnet! Don't know what you're complaining about.

Although for the size FRP is the best option and the only useful carbon parts will be doors, boot and even a roof!