Centre Console Airvents

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Ok so the air vent on the right of the centre console, one of the deflectors/directors (whatever they're called) that directs the air (when you move the L/R slider) has snapped - basically I mount the sat nav on the air vent and over time it has knocked it out of place.

Is it possible to fix it? Is it easy to remove & replace? I've just left it as it didn't really bother me that much but now a few people have said about it and it's bugging me lol.

I will try and get a picture up tomorrow.

Pic would be handy but if it's a vertical one then it may be able to push back with a screwdriver. Mine sometimes move when I take my phone holder out and all I do is push it back with a screwdriver and it makes a small snap kind of sound.

Yeah - I know people have taken the console off before, not sure how easy it is though?

Fried - it's sort of fallen right far back and quite loose lol, I tried to push it back into place with my key today and it got jammed. Silly design really. I would stick sat nav on the windscreen if I could guarantee it wasn't going to bounce off the second I go over an uneven road surface or speed bump; hence I got the vent mount instead.

Sam":t3vtvced said:
Yeah - I know people have taken the console off before, not sure how easy it is though? .

Not very easy - have to remove/ lever up the passenger air bag and drivers side storage tray. there might be an easier way to just remove the vent itself :)

tommy89":1y43o3ax said:
Sam":1y43o3ax said:
Yeah - I know people have taken the console off before, not sure how easy it is though? .

Not very easy - have to remove/ lever up the passenger air bag and drivers side storage tray. there might be an easier way to just remove the vent itself :)

The two vents and the on/off dial for them are all one assembly. This is attached onto the back of the center suround by lugs which have been hot melted down, so no way to remove just the vents from the car.

The center surround isn't too bad to remove and theres instructions in the flocking thread if you want to get behind it for a proper look. You wouldn't need to remove the vents from the surround, as I did for having the surround coated

Sam":38zae6fv said:
Yeah - I know people have taken the console off before, not sure how easy it is though?

Fried - it's sort of fallen right far back and quite loose lol, I tried to push it back into place with my key today and it got jammed. Silly design really. I would stick sat nav on the windscreen if I could guarantee it wasn't going to bounce off the second I go over an uneven road surface or speed bump; hence I got the vent mount instead.

If your sat nav is on right on the windscreen you'll be fine. Mine survived the upper heyford meet and all other mini meets

I'm taking a chance and buying the surround to spray gloss black but I'm still very nervous about removing the old one, I got all the way and then got too nervous to remove the bolt inside the glovebox to losen the airbag to then lift it out :(