Changing oil help

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_McLav

Reaction score
So I want to change my 133's oil myself, (have done my previous cars) but I'm not sure what tool I need to do the change (square bolt thingy) does anyone have a link to where I could buy one so I know I'm getting the right one. Thanks in advance

ENGINE / SERVICE TIGHTENING TORQUES
Spark Plugs : 25Nm
Ignition Coils : 14 N.m
Sump Drain Bolt : 20Nm (8mm square engine drain plug tool)
Oil Filter Tool : 3/4 of a turn manually after contact (76mm diameter 12 flute removal tool)
Like this Laser tools 3882 cup oil filter removal tool

as seen here.
technical-stuff-f120/twingo-renaultsport-maintenace-t371.html

the tool you'll need here.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/251348876506?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

oil filter removal tool here.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASER-TOOLS-3882-OIL-FILTER-WRENCH-76MM-X-12-FLUTES-/200824492177?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item2ec2129091

:)

forgot to mention roberts, if you already have a conventional oil filter wrench / strap wrench / chain wrench, then don't bother with that removal tool. i always use a chain because it bites and i can use it on loads of cars for the same price!

First time we used the chain because it wouldn't come off
2nd time managed to get it off with the grip things
If you don't have a ramp get ready to roll round on the floor trying to get it off! :)

The oil filter I mean :)

Rob. Disconnect the battery -ve cable before tackling the filter, as there's a decent chance of tagging one of the live terminals on the back of the alternator which is next to where the filter goes.

The oil filter is definitely a job from above on the 133 ;) obviously the drain plug means getting underneath and getting the under tray off.