Changing the sound of the Twingo engine

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteWilko

Reaction score
I know it's possible make the Twingo engine sound much 'throatier' by removing the small rubber flap on the left hand side of the lower part of the air filter box. I removed the flap on my RS 133 Cup the other day and was quite impressed with the new 'Boy Racer' sound.

However, I was wondering if I might be unwitingly causing damage to the air filter by leaving the repaceable flap off for any length of time, as the it now draws the additional air from the inside of the engine bay. Any thoughts?

Many thanks for your coment. Decent RS air fillters are quite expensive, I just thought drawing the extra air from inside the engine bay it might dirty the filter quicker than normal.

Does the twingo GT have this rubble flap to remove as I can't see it anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's just the RS that has it
You can change the filter to change the induction noise if you wanted to though.

I added a k&n panel filter (33-2993), and no change in sound what so ever, so i'm thinking a full induction kit will have to be bought and installed in order to achieve a better sound this way.

Kylesaynor01":25wb7neh said:
I added a k&n panel filter (33-2993), and no change in sound what so ever, so i'm thinking a full induction kit will have to be bought and installed in order to achieve a better sound this way.

You can make an induction kit for really cheap. All you need is a 90 degree silicon bend 63 inlet to 70mm outlet. Then any filter of your choice as most have a 70mm inlet for them. My induction kit only cost me £9 as I had an unused pod filter lying around.

Dubz":cmbisb9h said:
Kylesaynor01":cmbisb9h said:

You can make an induction kit for really cheap. All you need is a 90 degree silicon bend 63 inlet to 70mm outlet. Then any filter of your choice as most have a 70mm inlet for them. My induction kit only cost me £9 as I had an unused pod filter lying around.

hi Dubz is there any chances you could upload a pic of your air intake? very tempted to do it myself but wouldnt mind seeing how you have do yours so i can get the gist of it

I got a nearly new BMC panel filter for the standard airbox, which I hope with the flap removed will sound a little bit beefier. If not I'll sell it and do the BMC CDA induction kit, c£160, which I know from other cars makes a big difference to induction noise and throttle response.