Chassis upgrades - Wiechers Sport

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yotah1

Reaction score
Just FYI :

OMP does a rear strutbrace for Clio, that some of us have been using here. It bolts onto the top of the rear suspensions. Nice setup but not ideal as it tends to produce noise with the bar hitting the supports when cornering.

I've seen recently that Wiechers Sport in Germany has done some work for the Twingo 2 RS:

here is the link to the catalog : https://www.wiechers-sport.de/HauptkatalogWiechersSport2013.pdf

They have a front upper strut brace, a rear strut brace, and a complete cage also available.
The strut braces can be had in steel, aluminium or also in carbon.

Front strut bar : alu racingline : 156€
Front strut bar : alu racingline + carbon : 299€
Rear strut bar : alu racingline : 111€
Rear strut bar : alu racingline + carbon : 263€
Rear strut bar : steel : 38€
Rear strut bar : alu : 57€

A pic of the front strut bar (no pic of the rear sorry)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2013-01-31 à 12.04.56.png
    Capture d’écran 2013-01-31 à 12.04.56.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 271
I would look at them and have them painted gloss black most likely, should I actually get then. Works out ~£128 + delivery at today's rates

I imagine these with a white line ARB would probably make the most whilst retaining the cup suspension.

I forgot the capital H in the link, modified now.
Not looking at getting them myself as the car won't get much track before the new engine and the welded cage...

Nope, i can't find anyone to measure it and confirm it fits a Twingo or not, so no purchase.

yotah1":ue7fgyd7 said:
Nope, i can't find anyone to measure it and confirm it fits a Twingo or not, so no purchase.

The Clio Mk2 Rear ARB fits matey :)

ORB has it fitted to his 133 :D
He said - "handles like it's on rails in the dry, handles like a RWD in the wet..."

Careful matching with Tyres will speak shedloads for it :)