"Check Injection"

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MovingShadow

Reaction score
This problem has only occurred twice and under the same conditions in the past few weeks.

Whenever I got on the highway and was accelerating slowly in fifth gear and doing 90km/h (60 miles/hour??) letting the torque get me up to speed.

All of a sudden the 'spanner' light comes on, "Check injection " comes on the dash and the car goes in safe mode.

When it happend the first time a few weeks ago, I stopped at a gas station, popped the hood but saw nothing or didn't hear anything abnormal.
I restarted the car and the fault was gone.
Afterwards I even gave it the beans but nothing seemed or heard abnormal.

Same thing happened today under the same circumstances.

Could it be a sensor problem?

Doubt it's a coil or anything as the engine would be running rough.
I also checked Google for similar problems with the 1.2 TCe but nothing showed up.

Certainly on the newer cars it's a generic message and the only way to check the actual fault is to hook it up to Clip.

I know superchips saw the message when mapping the 200t and it turned out to be the box when they raised the Rev limit without touching the gear box ecu (so totally unrelated to the injection system).

Get the codes read, the only way to know for sure

In about 1000 kilometres it needs to have a big service anyway.
I'll mention it in the garage to have them check the fault.

Could be worth getting A bluetooth OBd reader and a good mobile application that will tell you the fault code and the circumstances it happened under

maggi200":cxkzs9nh said:
Not all codes can be read by those though, and you'll need clip.
Was about to say that.

I have an OBDII tool but it doesn't show all codes or explains them.

Think I may have found the problem.
Talked about the problem at my mechanic school yesterday and some suggested it may be because it's sucking in 'false' air.

Then I remembered that the problem first showed after the MOT which made me swap all the parts to the original Renault parts (atleast the visible ones). This also included the recirculating Forge dumpvalve.

I noticed the the hose that leads to the top of the dumpvalve was really loose (I could lift it with one finger).

So I took some zip ties so it's better secured and see if the problem still occurs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425495194514.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1425495194514.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 95