Chips away - alloy refurb review

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCplParks

Reaction score
Had a quick search on the forum for Chips Away and peoples' opinions of them which I found to be quite varied so I thought I'd give my tupence on them.
I got my nearside front wheel refurbed because I kerbed it at the weekend :cry: and in my opinion the service was very good.
The guy came out within an hour of me calling him up and he sorted it out. In my opinion he did a great job of it, it cost £75 for one wheel.
I would definitely use them again just for the pure convenience if nothing else

Before (quite bad around at least half the edge of the rim)

Chips away by Parko133, on Flickr

After (as good as new you'd never know)

Chips away by Parko133, on Flickr

looks like you got a good bloke there mate. it all depend on the person you get some are good and some are bad :)

Oh right well his name was Tunde Odeyemi and he works around the Bedford area so I'll recommend him if anyone in that area needs work doing

LCplParks":2s95mo9r said:
Oh right well his name was Tunde Odeyemi and he works around the Bedford area so I'll recommend him if anyone in that area needs work doing

just a heads up, i've used Tunde in the past, he is a nice guy... but just keep an eye on your wheel. He did a wheel refurb for my dad on his x5 and it looked great...but after a few months it all started to bubble and come off...i can recommend a great wheel refurb place in bedford that charge £50 per wheel for a complete strip down and respray in any colour, great family run company i have recently used.

£75 per wheel? Im not sure if this is relevant or there are differences, but surely you could of got the full wheel refurbed for less than that?

Got mine done at £50incl vat each!

^^^ but thats probably you taking the wheel somewhere for a day or two, versus a guy pitching up at your place and doing it there and then.

Rightt, i understand where the costs go now, petrol and skill to get it done in a short space of time isnt it..
Looks spot on anyway!

Oh right I'll keep an eye on it then! and what's the name of the business in bedford that do it for £50?

and yeah I assumed the cost was more than I'd seen elsewhere because he came out that day and got it done.

As for the time it took him about 3-4 hours to get it done in total which works out at about £20 an hour I was happy to pay that :)

LCplParks":580ywpe5 said:
Oh right I'll keep an eye on it then! and what's the name of the business in bedford that do it for £50?

and yeah I assumed the cost was more than I'd seen elsewhere because he came out that day and got it done.

As for the time it took him about 3-4 hours to get it done in total which works out at about £20 an hour I was happy to pay that :)

mint alloys

they are awesome mate

Yeah I know that's the annoying thing :( not looking forward to it i think it's time to start being extra careful