Cleaned Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XNicolalaX

Reaction score
So I ordered some Dodo Juice - Born to be Mild shampoo, and Dodo Juice Purple haze wax. Never used wax before, but I am very pleased with the final product! Also had my calipers painted red today, and I am chuffed with the outcome....next plan - Black alloys. :D

I love purple haze wax! I use sour pour shampoo haven't tried born to be mild but why change when you love haha and looking clean!! I may e would have went black or yellow calipers though

I am very impressed with it, never used wax before, but glad I have done! Well I am going for the Red Bull ltd edition look, which is red calipers and black wheels (but obviously pre face lift) so hopefully be getting the wheels done black when I have some cash. :)

Is your black a flat paint or metallic ?? If its metallic when wax starts to where off try acrylic spritz brings the flake right out!!

Where did you get the calipers painted? Did they get done in a day? If you dont mind me asking how much do they charge? I have been wanting mine done but can't be bothered to do them myself... too messy!

Charged me £40 for all of them, they did it this morning for me and I picked it up at 1! Really chuffed with how they look. I tried to do them myself but my wheels were seized on. :S
I had them done at Pennrich Motors, Norton Canes in staffordshire. You local to there?

No not really but it gives me an idea of how much to expect! Bonus that it can be done the same day too, thanks for that info!

Nice Colour! :) Definitely need to dress the tyres. If you got a bit of money I recommend Swissvax Pneu (£19 250ml), it's what I use on mine and I love it.

Thanks very much. :). I am getting the wheels sprayed on Friday - gloss black. I have some alloy wax at my mom and dads house, so once they're done and sprayed I will put some on. But i will take a look at that stuff you have suggested, thanks.

They'll need to be dressed even more so with gloss black wheels, a grey tyre never looks good on a black car. The Pneu will really compliment your new gloss black wheels :)

I used to use pneu but things have moved on somewhat, wolfs is easily my favourite these days. Lasts
And lasts and lasts and represents great value for money, or the 3m tyre restorer is right up there with the best and costs pennies direct

maggi112":3k9gkeag said:
I used to use pneu but things have moved on somewhat, wolfs is easily my favourite these days. Lasts
And lasts and lasts and represents great value for money, or the 3m tyre restorer is right up there with the best and costs pennies direct

Wolfs is too glossy for myself, but offers great value for money and durability. 3M however has a durability half of that of Pneu, and is far cheaper.

I didn't find so. The difference was purely a feel good. The 3m had a better spray nozzle too, the Swissvax being fiddly to hold perfectly comfortably (many of the dodo juice products also suffer with the same design issue of course).

The Swissvax did bead well, but the looks didnt last any longer than the next best product. Both fully prepped tyres, degreased in the same manner each time and dried before application. And both tyres same age, and brand (so you can rule out the rubber causing issues there).

The wolfs isn't really that glossy. When wet it is, but so is any other. Let it dry and a short buff to prevent any sling (as I would with any product anyway) and its no more glossy than the pneu. If you want more gloss you apply more. If you want more gloss with pneu you need to pay for the gloss version, of course.

Only thing I do miss from my Swissvax was shield and onyx. Onyx far outlasting the forum average (I swear most who comment don't try) and besides, if you want to look after your own car(s) durability isn't usually much of a concern.