Cleaning alloys

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrighty94

Reaction score
In like the corner of the spokes if ya wanna call them spokes haha I have brown and dark marks which I just can't get rid off and slight tar marks! I've tried tar remover and t cut but doesn't seem to budge! Feel like I'm gonna end up having to get them refurbed! Any products that may work ?!

wonder wheels mate, if you've got any scuffs on your wheels then do not use wonder wheels. it will eat away at the alloy that's exposed through the scuff or kerbing points. some brake cleaner should also do the job, not to mention some petrol and a very fine sand paper

Dodo Juice have recently released Ferrous Dueller, which is a colour changing iron/fallout remover similar to Iron X.

I've used both and personally found Ferrous Dueller slightly better than Iron X. They're both very good though.

We've got Ferrous Dueller in stock in 500ml or 1 litre bottles.

Also, it sounds like the problem you've got is 'pitting'. The best product for tackling that is definitely an iron/fallout remover like Ferrous Dueller. For best results, apply the product repeatedly and leave it to dwell for a while each time you apply it (but don't let it dry).

singlespeed":mgyi1wm1 said:
https://www.twingo133.net/detailing-cleaning-threads/iron-wheels-t1934.html

Monster Matt. How runny is the DJ version? Is it almost watery like Iron-X, or more like a gell. Ive found the Wolfs Brake duster to be a pain to fully rinse off at times as its a gell and it seems to cling behind the spokes and leave runs after a drive.

I haven't used the Wolf's one, but from what you've said, I think Ferrous Dueller falls somewhere between the two.

It's slightly thicker than Iron X, but I'd still class it as a liquid rather than a gel. I thought it was just the right consistency.

Bilt Hamber Korrosol is the best I've used (Better and cheaper than iron-x too imo) It's quite a foamy mixture and clings on for a good period of time, and very easy to rinse.

Iron-X for removing any iron fallout and then Tardis would dissolve any tar on the wheels.

I know the kind of marks you mean OP but those two products will do it.