Climate control

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
My GT had the standers heater controls. I have all the parts off a twingo with climate control how easy in theory is it to get that in my car?

One question would be. Do you have the wiring for it.

The climate ecu connects to the loom and controls the fan speed, ventilation direction and the fresh/recirculating air with motorised valves. It also has control of the A/C and balances the cabin temperature by using a temp sensor which goes next to the rear view mirror

singlespeed":1rvehn8o said:
One question would be. Do you have the wiring for it.

The climate ecu connects to the loom and controls the fan speed, ventilation direction and the fresh/recirculating air with motorised valves. It also has control of the A/C and balances the cabin temperature by using a temp sensor which goes next to the rear view mirror

he doesn't have the wiring for it, i gave him a big list of all the things he will require, and a rough cost of the parts through dialogys in total and we got to a conclusion of ''F that ...'' although if the moneys there, the patience then it certainly can be done! alex wanted to wire it all up to some porsche seats, which could be quite cool i recon

Alex, I looked at this too. My old RS had auto ac and my new one doesn't so I thought about getting the parts and retro fitting.

As above the list of parts runs to wiring looms, three servos, the rain/temp sensor etc etc , oh and a different windscreen to accommodate the sensor....so I didn't bother.

How hard is it to retrofit cruise control?

If let's say, I would make my own buttons and wouldnt have to change steering wheel?

Hrabroslav":1mx8041z said:

If let's say, I would make my own buttons and wouldnt have to change steering wheel?
Very

Hrabroslav":18nhm4ac said:

quite simple actually. few resistors, soldering of some switches from renault and a go on clip and you're good to go. apart from the clip programming this should only run you up about £50 or whatever that is in euros sir!

id imagine wiring the cruise control up is pretty similar to the Clio, fit the steering wheel buttons, fit the activate button at your knee, fit the clutch pedal switch (or a resistor) and your good to go, some older clios need the UCH activated for it via clip but most in my experience don't.

way to find out if your activated or not is fit the activate switch at your knee, if you switch the button to on and it gives you the cruise control light on the screen then your ecu/uch is activated!