Clio 1.4 S opportunity

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stedaley

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having spoken to the parents they are looking at getting rid of there 1.4 dynamique S (non a/c).

this would be on the cheap, and with 80k on the clock.

my dads owned this since 9k and hasnt had any major work need doing.

Would this be worth it for the next year or so over placement? and then get a better car when i come back?

Also is there anything i can do to the car to help the 1.4 100hp engine?

It is a K4J engine so it will fit.

I think the 197 brakes are a direct swap as well. I'm sure someone on this forum had swapped them on their Clio 1.2 Tce.

Dubz":102m9ue5 said:

I think the 197 brakes are a direct swap as well. I'm sure someone on this forum had swapped them on their Clio 1.2 Tce.

Is that the only part i can swap?
I cant seem to find anything else, but id be looking to somehow get the 197 wheels onto it if possible? If they would fit! With the brakes, and then swap them back over when i get my 133 and try and get them on that!

stedaley":1e3cxv1j said:
Dubz":1e3cxv1j said:

I cant seem to find anything else, but id be looking to somehow get the 197 wheels onto it if possible? If they would fit! With the brakes, and then swap them back over when i get my 133 and try and get them on that!

Stud patterns different im pretty sure the 197 is a 5 stud fitment opposed to a 4

Universe":1odpo37q said:
stedaley":1odpo37q said:
Dubz":1odpo37q said:

Stud patterns different im pretty sure the 197 is a 5 stud fitment opposed to a 4

It is but check out https://www.twingo133.net/renaultsport-clio/clio-t9264.html

No idea if they're still active on here or where they got their adaptors from

Probably a vag conversion kit of some kind plenty of 4 x 100 conversion kits about pricey though