Clio 197 rear spoiler....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollieallen

Reaction score
Thinking about throwing one on the back of the twingo. Anyone on here know for sure how it looks and if it fits? Or will I need to make new mounts and such? Getting a friend to mock it up on photoshop to get a basic view as to how it might look

Never been done. Been mentioned a few times and the outcome was always it'll look daft. I've just searched for the thread and Matt said he photoshopped one but had to shrink it to make it look okay and fit.

It's a an acquired taste on the Clio never mind on a Twingo. I'm guessing you'll have to drill different mounting holes and then you will have to fill in the holes where the twingo spoiler sat

Never been done but it'll look daft on a Twingo in my opinion it's a waste of time and it'll probably be too big anyway

If I remember ill grab a tape measure and if I see my friend in his 197 ill measure the spoiler mount width and my roof.

markhardy":7mw7n1l2 said:
Never been done. Been mentioned a few times and the outcome was always it'll look daft. I've just searched for the thread and Matt said he photoshopped one but had to shrink it to make it look okay and fit.

It's a an acquired taste on the Clio never mind on a Twingo. I'm guessing you'll have to drill different mounting holes and then you will have to fill in the holes where the twingo spoiler sat

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Just that it would look too bulky or stick out too much.

The Clio isn't much wider than the Twingo anyway but I don't want it sticking out each side because it would look a bit silly. And it's not like I can use the 'because race car' excuse :lol:

I quite like it on the Clio personally, a lot more so than no spoiler or the smaller, tamer alternative. But like you said, acquired taste :)

Friedchicken91":8msflo32 said:
If I remember ill grab a tape measure and if I see my friend in his 197 ill measure the spoiler mount width and my roof.

That'd be sweet, cheers! Like I just commented the Clio isn't a lot wider than the Twingo anyway but I don't want it sticking out or looking bulky...

Chicken just measured it and its way to big mate you'd have to cut an inch off each side :( the only way to do it would be to mount it at an angle?

The base of the mounts from outside to outside is 40 inches on the 197 I know. To fit on the boot would require either making the mount to fit the curved edges of the boot or cut the spoiler to make it thinner in width.
Could be a pain to do but if you we're to cut it and shorten the mounts so the spoiler sits lower I think it might work. Although with the twingo being narrower looking than the Clio it may look funny.

Ahh cheers anyway guys! Something to ponder on a bit more I think. Although it will look a bit silly if it's poking out either side. I don't want it to look too 'in your face' because I like the subtlety of the Twingo wing

I'm sure some of the rallycross twingo's have 197 spoilers on the back on them and doesn't poke out the sides.

Found this if it helps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376949621.879290.jpg

Dubz":2n8wbdyc said:
I'm sure some of the rallycross twingo's have 197 spoilers on the back on them and doesn't poke out the sides.

Found this if it helps

Maybe they have shortened the ends, or done a cut and shut in the middle to loose the inches. Maybe its a completely different aerofoil which resembles the 197.

singlespeed":3s49hlkz said:
Dubz":3s49hlkz said:

Found this if it helps

Maybe they have shortened the ends, or done a cut and shut in the middle to loose the inches. Maybe its a completely different aerofoil which resembles the 197.

Interesting nonetheless. However if I were to try and cut it down it's an expensive cock up waiting to happen :lol: