Clio 197

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza1

Reaction score
Went and looked at a nimbus clio 197 on a 58 plate at Renault. Romford last night on my way back from my dads

Has 21,650 miles on the clock projector head lights and anthicite alloys. So tempted to get it. It's up for 8k only down side is the front tyres have about 1mm and a half till the legal limit and there's the fact that the belts will need doin soon

I've been talkin to a fellow 197.net member who lives round the corner from my dad who said he can come down there with me.

It has no recaros but I don't mind

weebob":1ue123kt said:
Looks spot on Daz,

Remember the get the cam's in went the belt are being done ;)
Cheers weebob. The belts are due in September but don't see y I should be paying for them

Don't do it there are shit.

U could buy a much much better,quicker car for half the costs with no finance

TURBO":1y2gpe8q said:
Don't do it there are s**t.

I feel same way tbh turbo I went from 197 to 133 and prefer the 133 tons more yea the 197 is quicker but the problems that are common are expensive it doesn't feel like a Clio should, it's pointless modding them... There really not worth it I wish I would have bought a trophy or a ly 182 with low miles over my 197

TURBO":cm8htac9 said:

LOL!!!! and what exactly is shit about them?

back to the op, I recon given the fact its at a dealer its always going to be a bit more expensive than private, its still probably 1k too expensive though, but I judge a car on what its worth to me, if its in very good condition as it should be at that millage then I would pay window price on the grounds that they replace the 2 worn tyres with Conti sport contact 3's that should be fitted to the car, don't just let them stick budgets on it as it will make or break the car. the rears will be the standard tyres anyway. and the cambelt and aux belt kits are changed in line with the Renault service schedule. don't just let them change the cambelt and not the aux belt as they will try given they are a bloddy dealer!

then as they are ready to bite your hand off for a sale get them to throw in a full tank of fuel and proper RS mats!

Martin_172":1bz8o76u said:
TURBO":1bz8o76u said:

LOL!!!! and what exactly is s**t about them?

back to the op, I recon given the fact its at a dealer its always going to be a bit more expensive than private, its still probably 1k too expensive though, but I judge a car on what its worth to me, if its in very good condition as it should be at that millage then I would pay window price on the grounds that they replace the 2 worn tyres with Conti sport contact 3's that should be fitted to the car, don't just let them stick budgets on it as it will make or break the car. the rears will be the standard tyres anyway. and the cambelt and aux belt kits are changed in line with the Renault service schedule. don't just let them change the cambelt and not the aux belt as they will try given they are a bloddy dealer!

then as they are ready to bite your hand off for a sale get them to throw in a full tank of fuel and proper RS mats!
It is a nice motor and is clean without a mark on it

Martin_172":dr6qz530 said:
TURBO":dr6qz530 said:

LOL!!!! and what exactly is s**t about them?

Also get the water pump done

Daz drive it and make your own mind up. I love my 197, its been a bit if a dog (have had non of the common problems so far) but in the right place and road when it all comes together its awesome. When these things don't come together its a nice car to drive normally. Sure I have had quicker but I wouldn't change it at this point.

The only major negative is it pissing fuel. My mates wrx gets not far off the mpg mine does

weebob":14egilzv said:
Daz drive it and make your own mind up. I love my 197, its been a bit if a dog (have had non of the common problems so far) but in the right place and road when it all comes together its awesome. When these things don't come together its a nice car to drive normally. Sure I have had quicker but I wouldn't change it at this point.

The only major negative is it pissing fuel. My mates wrx gets not far off the mpg mine does
Where I'm lookin at it from its down a A road then a motorway

weebob":1vyy72xm said:
Also get the water pump done

is it needed on the 197? genuine question ive never had to do the belts on one, but I know its not needed on the older F4R's in the 172/182 (obviously to be inspected and replaced if needed but its not an item you do as part of the service like the D4F and D4Ft)