Clio 200 'Raider'

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDrew

Reaction score
Just read of another limited edition 200! Not heard anything of it before this, so was a little surprised to read it.

car_photo_468280_25.jpg

This is the Renaultsport Clio 200 Raider, a limited edition of Renault's supermini hot hatch, which gets lots of extra equipment over the standard Renaultsport Clio with just 50 models produced for the UK.

The Raider is finished in matt paintwork, with buyers getting a choice of Stealth Grey or Diavolo Red. This is contrasted by a gloss black finish to the roof, rear spoiler, F1-style front splitter, rear diffuser and door mirrors. Renault has also applied a gloss black finish to the Raider's 18-inch ‘Interlagos’ alloy wheels, which get Bridgestone RE 050A tyres, as used on the record-breaking Megane Renaultsport 265 Trophy.

The Raider uses the sporty Cup chassis from the standard Renaultsport Clio, which features a lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers, a quicker steering rack and red finish to the Brembo brake callipers. The exterior finish is rounded off by extra-tinted rear side and tailgate windows and a Raider badge.

Inside, there are leather Recaro seats and a white rev counter on the dashboard. Standard equipment includes Bluetooth, a USB port for iPods, automatic climate control and Renaultsport carpet mats. The interior is finished off by a plate identiying the number in the 50 production run.

In addition, customers can choose either the Renaultsport Monitor – Renaultsport’s on-board telemetry system – or Carminat TomTom Live satellite navigation as a no cost option.

No changes have been made under the bonnet as the Renaultsport Clio 200 Raider uses the same 200bhp 2.0-litre engine as the standard car. The car will be available to order from the end of October and is expected to cost around £19,000.

The Raider revives a badge used on a special editon 5 GT Turbo back in 1990, which was available with metallic blue paintwork, unique wheels and an upgraded interior.

Read more: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/273481/renaultsport_clio_200_raider.html#ixzz1ZRUi9FKQ

Edit. Just read it on RS forum too.

A first for Renault, Raider is finished in matt i.d paintwork:
- Matt Stealth Grey or Matt Diavolo Red
Other standard equipment includes:
- Gloss black roof, rear spoiler, front blade, rear diffuser and door mirrors
- 18" gloss black Interlagos alloy wheels
- Bridgestone RE050A tyres (as fitted to the record breaking Trophy 265)
- Cup chassis
- Extra tinted rear windows and tailgate
- Raider badge
- Leather Recaro seats
- Zinc grey centre console and fascia inserts
- White rev counter
- Renaultsport gearknob
- Bluetooth
- USB connectivity
- Climate control
- Renaultsport carpet mats
- Raider plaque
- Choice of Renaultsport Monitor or Carminat TomTom Live naviagtion system

CHR04312.jpg

311710_10150337484777863_116825037862_7956803_1771015212_n.jpg

307732_10150337484402863_116825037862_7956800_1628773974_n.jpg

Haven't read the article v well :oops: :oops: any mention on price...... I'm in line for an upgrade.....

Scrub that I can't even read this thread no matter the attached article, £19k........ interesting!!!!!

No... just no...

From the side that car looks nice, the front looks.. aw... and the back.. isn't bad at all... but the inside :s

I'm not a fan of luxury in cars.. I mean, if I want nice seats, a cupholder, a nice sorround-music-sound and much room, I'm going to sit infront of my TV or PC... in a car, especially in a car what isn't made for grandpas and grandmas (dont tell me that a R.S. is made for older people... ;) ), I don't want all that stuff... If I buy a car I want to hear the noise it makes, I want to get headache from the sound of it's engine - and of course I want to see unpainted metal, it has to look like it dircetly comes from hell, in best case you dont even got glass-windows... all the new cars on market makes me cry when I remember back R5t or better: AX, Lancia Delta, Stratos, GT40, 205t... that were cars, not the, sorry, crap, buyable today :x

Ok, most of those cars were build before I even existed in the big ocean, but I think you know what I mean... :p

It's exactly the same looks wise as the current 200............... :| :|

In fact the interior isn't far off the 'full fat' Cup either......

Proxy":eu9dvkga said:
No... just no...

From the side that car looks nice, the front looks.. aw... and the back.. isn't bad at all... but the inside :s

I'm not a fan of luxury in cars.. I mean, if I want nice seats, a cupholder, a nice sorround-music-sound and much room, I'm going to sit infront of my TV or PC... in a car, especially in a car what isn't made for grandpas and grandmas (dont tell me that a R.S. is made for older people... ;) ), I don't want all that stuff... If I buy a car I want to hear the noise it makes, I want to get headache from the sound of it's engine - and of course I want to see unpainted metal, it has to look like it dircetly comes from hell, in best case you dont even got glass-windows... all the new cars on market makes me cry when I remember back R5t or better: AX, Lancia Delta, Stratos, GT40, 205t... that were cars, not the, sorry, crap, buyable today :x

Ok, most of those cars were build before I even existed in the big ocean, but I think you know what I mean... :p

Give your head a wobble please, its near the exact same as the current 200 with different colours.

Sharpy":ddbyqfkm said:
Give your head a wobble please, its near the exact same as the current 200 with different colours.

I have to say, that I really dont know how the current one looks like... also I've never seen the Megane RS from the inside, just a short look inside, but Im rather interested in the current Clio nor the Megane. Heared that those are 2 great cars, I also believe that!

Ollie133cup":ddbyqfkm said:
Stop reflecting on the past... We have regulations now..

And even if we wouldn't have them, I could change nothing, I know ;) It's just my opinion.. but not all new cars are like that.. I just don't like the changes in car-industries the past few years..

Renault should stop re releasing models with old names which bare no relevance to how the old cars, and what they were used for and just produce RS models and Cup RS models, overpriced limited editions are nothing special really!

they are advertising for a limited uk version, but pictures show a LHD?

Nevertheless I like it, but I'm not sure if I like matte paintwork. Would need to see it in the flesh to give a good opinion!

Nice to see Renault milking the sh!t out of their old skool brands. We've had the Gordini name make a return, which was cool......until they 'Gordini'd' everything.

Now it's the Raider name, what next? Williams? Alpine? Dauphine?

I actually think that 200 Raider looks pretty cool although I personally wouldn't own a car with matt paint. It's just a shame that when every car RenaultSport release is a 'special edition' it just makes them a bit less special.

Alex_225":31le10z4 said:
There has already been chat about a clio williams I think!? I'm almost sure there was a photo of one on here somewhere.

Leanne":3i2a8qy4 said:
Alex_225":3i2a8qy4 said:
There has already been chat about a clio williams I think!? I'm almost sure there was a photo of one on here somewhere.
There is indeed. I'm mobile at the moment so will have to look for the thread later, but a Clio Williams has been rumoured

The Clio Williams was a complete rumour fabricated by Auto Express.

Haha now there's a surprise.

Auto Express are the automotive equivalent of The Daily Sport!! lol