Clio 200 vs Clio200t vs Fiesta ST

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

singlespeed

Reaction score
N/A vs turbocharged.
Flappy gearbox vs manual
3 door vs 5 door

Discuss....

The clios are shite coz they are french ;)

Ford for the win :eek:

singlespeed":32lzw5b0 said:
N/A vs turbocharged.
Flappy gearbox vs manual
3 door vs 5 door

Discuss....

N/A FTW! (but the future is FI)
Manual FTW! (but as people seem to be forgetting how to drive im sure we will see more flappys)
3 door FTW! (no but)

Simple, thread closed.

weebob":o84r6k06 said:
singlespeed":o84r6k06 said:
N/A vs turbocharged.
Flappy gearbox vs manual
3 door vs 5 door

Discuss....

N/A FTW! (but the future is FI)
Manual FTW! (but as people seem to be forgetting how to drive im sure we will see more flappys)
3 door FTW! (no but)

Simple, thread closed.

Walking stick with that, sir? :p

Times change. Tech changes. Markets change. Hardcore niches don't sell anymore, they need to be global sellers, perhaps with a hardcore halo model.

I can't see anyone's got it spot on, but fords managed the closest this gen it seems

oy! were is the old bargin bucket 197 in this, every Clio after it is ugly which negates one rule of the "10 commandments of a hot hatch"...

Rule 6. "thou shall not be ugly"

The fester wins in the look department hands down. 208gti in second. Clio200t comes 9th in this three house race, falls at the first hurdle and gets shot in the face, turned into glue.

maggi112":162pa1lt said:
Walking stick with that, sir? :p

Times change. Tech changes. Markets change. Hardcore niches don't sell anymore, they need to be global sellers, perhaps with a hardcore halo model.

I can't see anyone's got it spot on, but fords managed the closest this gen it seems

I know I know and i can see the point to the developments and the mass market logic, but at this point they just dont fit me.

The closest for me is the fester, has the looks, a stick to stir about, the correct number of doors. I would miss N/A but im sure having more than 20mpg will make up for it.

Obviously the super fast gear changes mean its quicker than a Bugatti because its obviously the first car with fast paddle shifting...

And clearly ford paid all the reviewers and renault are best at everything...

waitey":thejlm63 said:
Obviously the super fast gear changes mean its quicker than a Bugatti because its obviously the first car with fast paddle shifting...

now now, lol

weebob":31b3z6gs said:
waitey":31b3z6gs said:

now now, lol

Okay... :(

Personally out of the three I would choose a LY200 with recaros if I wanted a screaming N/A

And if I wanted a small turbo hatch I would choose the fiesta ST because I'd rather have a manual as its more engaging than paddles, plus the standard fiesta interior is a nice place to be.

150 ms shift times (ferrari and lambourghini quick) no need for heel and toe (which my feet have never been able to do in any car I've owned so far) means you can concentrate on the business of going fast quickly and safely.

Would you rather go back to candles for lighting or electricity?

Turbo engine..hmm not sure on this one. If its as responsive and reliable as a na then yes sure im happybwith that thanks!

Fiesta ST?

Well as much as I want to own the 'next saxo' no thanks. Besides if I wanted a bad experiment between a car and a whale shark on my drive I would do that.

So in conclusion.

Clio 200 body and chassis. Edc gearbox and erm nothing of the fiesta.

I do quite like the Fiesta ST, but the way things are going I could very feasibly see myself going for a 200T for my next wagon. It's still going to be fun enough for when I have the chance to have a play on an open road, but the extra comfort/practicality etc is going to keep the wife happier and with a flappy paddle gearbox at least I don't need to worry about my clutch if the car is borrowed ;)

JoeRS133":1hy1nl3d said:
Ans you can make it a gtr lok

2utygu7e.jpg

Unless youve upgraded to a straight cut gear set without synchromesh, isnt heel and toe a bit overkill anyway. If the experience of my neighbours older fiesta with its semi auto box actuators and ecu failing, I think it's a good move to stay manual.

Having just looked at an ST, the seats do indeed look awesome. Shame about the center console resembling a playschool pushy button affair. Burnt orange doesn't suit it either imo.

That said, I dont like the center console/dash in the 200t either.

Which would I have... probably none of them at the moment as they are larger than I want. If forced, it would probably be the ST :?

What's the betting that the next corsa Vxr blows these out the water in most ways (other than dealerships, as in my experience the local vauxhall dealers care less than even Renault)

Status
Not open for further replies.