Clio Sport Gearbox

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harry_mcc

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone know if a 6 speed Clio sport gearbox will fit a twingo133? I reckon the 133 needs a 6th gear.
What's everyones views on this?

i think mating the gearbox to the clutch may prove a task. not very tech minded on that area but 133 clutch is 200mm 187/200 are 230mm i believe so not sure how they'll mesh sort of thing.

believe ren said or found out a while again that they couldnt fit a 6 speed gearbox due to size of the 6 speed gear box being too big

frediiii":18pde1d6 said:
won't fit. K4M and F4R bottom ends are quite different.

And also there isn't sufficient space in it's bowels.

Personally I don't think it needs a 6th. It cruises along at 70mph at 4.5-5k revs so anything over would simply be an overdrive.

An R 'box, now there's a different story :lol:

Al":33szlhfb said:
frediiii":33szlhfb said:

Personally I don't think it needs a 6th. It cruises along at 70mph at 4.5-5k revs so anything over would simply be an overdrive.

there has to be more then sufficient space, if a renault dealer in germany was able to plant a F4RT + 6speed in it...

Is 70mph the maximum allowed speed in .uk? In that case it would be sufficient - for YOU :)

frediiii":1c8m60u6 said:
Al":1c8m60u6 said:
frediiii":1c8m60u6 said:

there has to be more then sufficient space, if a renault dealer in germany was able to plant a F4RT + 6speed in it...

Is 70mph the maximum allowed speed in .uk? In that case it would be sufficient - for YOU :)

Yes, yes, 70 is the legally fastest you can :p :p :p :p :p

I meant if they could mate up there's no way you could fit the 1.6 together with the 6-speed (something to do with the longitude...although I'm zero of an expert). Impressive they've got an RT in there - must've been a fair bit of cut metal?

Al":1b3urwfk said:
frediiii":1b3urwfk said:

your R fetish is slowly starting to peer its head out the window. hehe

orbital":3cd49cjo said:
Al":3cd49cjo said:
frediiii":3cd49cjo said:

your R fetish is slowly starting to peer its head out the window. hehe

I *heart* the R. Just not its price tag.

how much are they now, 27k euro's?
got to love renaults 2k asking from for Rs roll cage and seats :(

when i asked them for just a seat, as it was nice and blue and had their logo, refused me point blank! have to buy hole kit, and since i aint got an r1 its even more...!!

back to gearboxes. would be interesting to see if 133 gearbox can be matched to the 1*2 engine? since the 133 is ment to be a short change/closer gogs gear box, could they be mated?

Orb do you spend your day dreaming up what can be mated to what lol

I imagine yes, or with very little work. Although the 133 engine is a highbred. What gearbox does the Clio GT have - it has the same "detuned" engine as the 133.

the GT has the 6speed gear box. ha. just realised that answers the threads question. stupid stupid me.

Al, it would surprised me if i sleep walk up the car with an angle grinder and wait up with the engine in the back, so poor sods AMG 10 pots in the front and an F1 front wing painted in glow in the dark pink :)....one can only dream.

orbital":2kzdfx98 said:
the GT has the 6speed gear box. ha. just realised that answers the threads question. stupid stupid me.

Al, it would surprised me if i sleep walk up the car with an angle grinder and wait up with the engine in the back, so poor sods AMG 10 pots in the front and an F1 front wing painted in glow in the dark pink :)....one can only dream.

Ha! I'd love to see the poor Twingo with disks bigger than it's wheels!

Does the GT have a 6-speed? I have to admit to not paying it any attention as for the money and careful haggling you can get a 200 Cup for a tiny bit more so I considered it a little pointless - plus it held me up at a trackday time and time again on it's press launch lap day thing :twisted:

Al":1zihesie said:
orbital":1zihesie said:

Ha! I'd love to see the poor Twingo with disks bigger than it's wheels!

Does the GT have a 6-speed? I have to admit to not paying it any attention as for the money and careful haggling you can get a 200 Cup for a tiny bit more so I considered it a little pointless - plus it held me up at a trackday time and time again on it's press launch lap day thing :twisted:

haha. auto trader and such stated it had one, and then gave the whole reason why the 133 didnt get it was because the box was to big and gearing would of left it with a slower 0-60 or something.
and im yet to see one actually. i've sene the megane GT diesal which i really liked and if its likes its mk2 cuz, could be tuned quite well.

pmsl, who needs alloys when you can just roll around on 1000mm discs ;) wonder if i could backwards engineer train calipies on their. i've seen quite a few times train pilots gunning the brakes last min. should be a beast on the track with the weight being a stopping advantage. just got to change my hand brake, the anchor is starting to wear a bit from extreme useage :)