Clios fucked

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza1

Reaction score
Was on my way home waiting to turn right at a junction lights went red my lane and the other lane started to go and a car jumped the light and hit me
a7aseva5.jpg
qehe6aha.jpg
got a whiteness who was sitting 3 cars behind me in his rangrover

that's a shame dazza, sounds like he wasn't paying attention to other road users and just went for it thinking you'd get out the way at the last possible second? luckily it appears only the front cross member is damaged and the bumper by the looks of it. anything else done for??

Oh man that sucks, you haven't had it long either and seemed to be enjoying it. Hope your ok mate even if the cars not.

oscar":1l8sys5z said:
that's a shame dazza, sounds like he wasn't paying attention to other road users and just went for it thinking you'd get out the way at the last possible second? luckily it appears only the front cross member is damaged and the bumper by the looks of it. anything else done for??
O/S lights cracked washer bottle is fucked. He was on a trip from Belfast I told him the light was red and he said it was Amber the police wouldn't even come

okay mate well luckily it's not too big a repair, but why the police didn't come is beyond me. how are you meant to go to them to get an accident report number whats it called when your cars in an unroadworthy state?? hope the insurance side of things goes smoothly for you

Doesn't matter if it's amber. Per the highway code:

RED - 'Stop'. Wait behind the stop line on the carriageway.
RED AND AMBER - 'STOP'. Do not pass through or start until GREEN shows.
GREEN - You may go on if the way is clear. Take special care if you intend to turn left or right and give way to pedestrians who are crossing.
AMBER - 'STOP' at the stop line. You may go on only if the AMBER appears after you have crossed the stop line or are so close to the stop line or are so close that to pull up might cause an accident.
Nowhere does any light say go. You may only proceed when the way is clear. I am assuming this was a RED AND AMBER as he was jumping the lights.

My point was that it doesn't matter if he argues it was amber. Don't correct him and allow him to make that statement to the insurance company, as it will prove beyond doubt he was in the wrong